Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Master bedroom closed or open????
1  2  Next

rivkeyb

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:20 pm
I don’t want my kids in my bedroom! No one! it’s my privet space sure my privet toilet Wink (6 boys and 3 girls, 3 toilets in the house I leave it for your imagination Wink I have a Shabbos lock on my bedroom door. Banging head I know by some family’s the master bedroom is free to go in as any other family room.

It’s also good for night time because it’s always closed! No questions asked!

How about your?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:24 pm
I have 2 little kids. Older one almost 4. Room is open when im nidda and closed when im not. But when he wakes up he comes straught to our room and I hate it. Want him to play but I guess hes bored since he doesnt have company. When he gets older I really want to have the "no going into totty/mommys bedroom policy "

icebreaker

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:27 pm
Master bedroom has always been off limits in my home.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:27 pm
I wouldn’t let guests in but my children definitely aren’t guests

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:32 pm
My kids are allowed in, but it definitely has a different 'status' than other rooms. They can't open drawers, touch things without asking, and they know my bathroom is for DH and me.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:39 pm
Kids can't enter without knocking and permission. We never locked my bedroom, and they never violated our privacy.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:46 pm
We almost always keep our door open when it's just us home. When we have guests, even close family, I close the door because the room is usually messy and I don't need anyone to see that. Kids are allowed in but they know better than to open drawers or closets.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:54 pm
I guess we have no boundaries lol. Our room is open to kids all the time. I'm often in there folding laundry, reading, resting. We have 2 for family of 5 so yes my kids use our bathroom and shower too. Kids always come in in the morning but rarely wake up at night bh. When we need privacy we lock the door.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:43 pm
Mine is now open cuz my bthrm is the only one with a tub but iyh will be moving soon, will have enough to bathe or shower other than in my room and my room WILL BE OFF LIMITS!! I'm already talking to my kids abt it, they shouldn't have a surprise and know well enough that "mommy's room is off limits".

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:51 pm
My door is always open but my kids know they can't enter without permission. When we have guests, I keep the door closed.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:52 pm
My room is my haven. It’s large with a large private bathroom, walk in closets...
I need my privacy and space. Our house is a decent size so I don’t feel guilty as the kids rooms are big enough and we have 4 bathrooms.
I do let my kids in my room but they know to ask first. They also ask if it’s okay to use my bathroom before using. I usually let but they respect my space and know to ask first.
Honestly, I love a squeaky clean toilet but I have to share with my husband and..... whatever, it’s just not as clean as I’d like it to be.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:09 pm
Door is supposed to be closed. Kids know to ask permission if they want to use my bathroom, but we let all the time because sometimes you just need more bathrooms available! Also, I frequently have kids going to sleep in our room. But they know it's ours, and they know they need permission.

rivkeyb

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:23 pm
my sisters 5 y.o. walked into her bedroom one morning and asked "why is taty in your bed?!? she told him got out quick she felt down and her feet is bleeding he is checking it out, his answer was but I'm here a long time you were both sleeping...... her answer he did it quite..... when he came home from chider the first thing he asked if her feet is still bleeding? he wants to see where it was bleeding .. she doesn't know if he told the story in chider.... wallah big news!
she was embarrassed the whole year to meet his rebbe

now she has a automatic shabbos lock on her door like ours

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:27 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I guess we have no boundaries lol. Our room is open to kids all the time. I'm often in there folding laundry, reading, resting. We have 2 for family of 5 so yes my kids use our bathroom and shower too. Kids always come in in the morning but rarely wake up at night bh. When we need privacy we lock the door.
Same story here. Although unfortunately we do get nighttime visitors not infrequently.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:31 pm
I wish we had our own bathroom LOL

The door is usually open. It's closed when other people are there, but that's not too often. However, while my kids can come in if they need me or something, it's off limits for hanging out /playing.

We make sure it's locked if we want privacy. In general, they know to knock (or not disturb) if it's closed.

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:44 pm
There’s no right or wrong here. Different people have different attitudes and priorities and different levels of need for privacy. Whatever works for you is right. You are aware, are you not, that in many periods and places during our national history entire families lived in one room and shared sanitary facilities, if they had any, with several other families. Somehow they and their marriages survived and their children did not turn into savages.,

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:50 pm
Open, but it's not like they're going through my drawers or anything. Yes, I keep the door open for the most part. The kids understand the concept of privacy, they're not going through my things. I feel like I have as much privacy as I need.

Why can't it be locked when it needs to be locked, and otherwise be open?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:54 pm
A private master bedroom is a luxury only had by people who have rooms other than master bedroom and kitchen.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:00 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
My room is my haven. It’s large with a large private bathroom, walk in closets...
I need my privacy and space. Our house is a decent size so I don’t feel guilty as the kids rooms are big enough and we have 4 bathrooms.
I do let my kids in my room but they know to ask first. They also ask if it’s okay to use my bathroom before using. I usually let but they respect my space and know to ask first.
Honestly, I love a squeaky clean toilet but I have to share with my husband and..... whatever, it’s just not as clean as I’d like it to be.

Yup. My friend just built a custom house (her husband does construction for a business) and put like 5 bathrooms one per room but only one in her masters I told her I would have made two kids rooms share and have 2 in the master lol. Iyh one day! Now my apartment has just one and no tub :/

Gerbera

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:11 pm
Our bedroom door is always left open unless we specifically shut it when we are inside. I'm perfectly fine with my kids coming and going as they please. My kids don't go through our drawers but they hang out with us in there - use our shower etc. If I want privacy I'll just shut my door and my kids know to knock.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics