Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Entertaining 4 and 5 year old boys.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:21 am
Any ideas how to entertain 4 and 5 year old boys? They're in gan in the morning till 1, but the days are very long. They are sick of our toys. We go out sometimes but I recently gave birth so I can't go out every day. Sometimes we play with water and we have a small pool but they don't want to do that every day. Sometimes we have playdates.
When I look online I see activities for younger kids.
Specific arts and crafts ideas are good.
And things they can play and do themselves too. I saw a concept of 'quiet boxes' but all the ideas are way beneath them. They're not super wild so calm activities are good too.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:29 am
Playdough
Kinetic sand with toys
Large perler beads
Dot paint
Sticker crafts

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Playdough
Kinetic sand with toys
Large perler beads
Dot paint
Sticker crafts

What are perler beads, dot paint and what does it mean sticker crafts?
Thanks!!

naomi2

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 9:22 am
Can you take turns having a friend over one day and then the next, they go there? Kind of like a round Robin but smaller because you have a newborn.
Also, my son loves listening to songs and stories on the naki radio. It keeps him busy for a long time.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 9:58 am
Play dates. Walk outside or go park. This age boys needs a lot of gross motor

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:08 am
My four year old ds comes home at 330 and the afternoon is STILL way too long. Can you get them into any kind of after school program?

For long afternoons we do sprinklers, play doh, finger paint if I'm in the mood of the mess, baking (I prep cookie dough when he's in school, then I spread a plastic on the counter and give him a pan and let him go to town he makes all kinds of shapes and stuff).

I also let him coat shnitzels if we're having that, mop a room, play with a friend, take a cool bath with his swimsuit he loves that, stickers and papers and scissors are a hit.

And sometimes I just let him be bored.

shanarishona

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 1:00 pm
Puzzles

polka dots

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 1:15 pm
Activity books . It has dot to dot, color by number, mazes, finding the differences...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers