Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
NYC Date Night/Day

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:52 am
I don't know why but I'm feeling very lost...
I would love to plan a surprise one night/day getaway with my husband for our anniversary.

Can anyone help me with the following?

1. Hotels-wouldn't even know where to start. Does anyone know of any good websites/hotels/deals to get the best bang for my money or just any nice place to recommend in the city?

2. Activities!! was looking to go on the beast speedboat but also wanted to stick in one more activity. Any ideas? we both haven't been there in a while.

3. Dinner-any really good restaurants to recommend?

Thank You!!

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 1:11 pm
NYC is big and can take a long time and cost a lot of $ to traverse, so try to plan everything (lodging, activities, dinner) in one general area to avoid the frustration of sitting in traffic more than necessary.

Activities - Governor's Island, Gulliver's Gate, Spyscape, Color Factory, Top of the Rock, 9/11 Museum
Dinners - Abigael's, Mike's, Reserve Cut

jd1212

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 2:11 pm
Hi OP! This sounds like a great idea. I would highly recommend the Lucerne hotel on the Upper west side. It’s extremely reasonable and actually decent. You’ll be in walking distance to many kosher restaurants (even a bagel place Bagel & Co across the street that can deliver to the lobby), and also very close to Central Park for a night walk.

You could go to Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty boat ride, play ping pong at a little hole in the wall place (Wang Chen is something like $8 pp per hour), get frozen yogurt at 16 Handles on 99th street/broadway. Go to the Museum of the City of New York- one of the most interesting museums, IMHO. Here’s the list of kosher restaurants in Manhattan- https://www.ckj.org/kosher_restaurant_list
For very fancy fleishig, the best is Mike’s Bistro, Wall Street Grill, Reserve Cut, UN Plaza Grill

Moderate fleishig- Abigaels (romantic too- this is moderate to fancy)

Fancy milchig- Noga, Abaita

Moderate dairy- Noi Due

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 3:19 pm
I don't know about a hotel but I just did a horse and buggy rode in central park for my anniversary and it was amazing! The guise told us the history about all the different parts. You can also go boating there or just walk around and it was gorgeous.

We also enjoy the 9/11 museum. The beast boat ride, etc

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 4:57 pm
Thank you so much everyone for replying!

Someone mentioned to me high line..has anyone been there? Is there anything to do there?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 5:16 pm
Highline is a nice place to walk, gives you a new perspective on the city below. Haven't been there in a few years, but when I went, there was nothing to do but walk and rest on the benches while enjoying the view. I wouldn't recommend it on a really hot day though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries