Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Diaper rash and loose diapers

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:13 am
My 13 month old has been having very loose, smelly diapers for about a week. Nothing changed in his diet. I took him to the doctor and he said he’s fine. Could it be caused by teething? He’s teethed before and didn’t have it but I can’t believe a kid’s diapers would totally change without explanation.

Also, this has caused a painful rash. What is the best cream to quickly get rid of it?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:17 am
Sometimes my baby gets a stomach bug that drags out for a week and results in lots of loose diapers. Someone else in my family will have it for 24 hours, but it takes longer to go through his little system. He’s usually acting fine, just upset about the resulting diaper rash.

Triple Paste cream is a little more expensive, but it is the best! It makes a diaper rash disappear overnight. Just keep putting it on while he's having these diapers.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 13 month old has been having very loose, smelly diapers for about a week. Nothing changed in his diet. I took him to the doctor and he said he’s fine. Could it be caused by teething? He’s teethed before and didn’t have it but I can’t believe a kid’s diapers would totally change without explanation.

Also, this has caused a painful rash. What is the best cream to quickly get rid of it?

Same same same

Same age
Same loose smelly diapers
And I had the same thought about teething.but I definitely think it's the teething. Although he's never had it before when he was teething, he's getting a really big tooth now.
I use bordoaux butt paste. It's great! & Keep washing laundry from all those explosive diapers!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:14 pm
That means teething in my kids. Try to air the tushie out. I put some powder on the raw skin so the zinc based ointment will stick and work as a barrier. Obviously change soon and often.

bsy

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:20 pm
I use balmex and it works quickly

Marathon

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:42 pm
Balmex

jfk92

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 2:16 pm
Try to not use wipes, even water wipes, instead bath/shower area after. bordoaux butt paste, again pricey but works. Diaper free time is a must. Also you may want to eliminate dairy for the time being.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 2:19 pm
Alternative to bath that works very well for me, mix some baby wash in a cup with warm water. Dunk in 1 Bounty napkin, put on baby, put second dry bounty napkin on top and gently clean. It's very wet but cleans beautifully and easier than a bath.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics