Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Best Pull-ups for 9-10 year old boy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:50 pm
Looking for a leak-proof pull-up for a 9-10 year old boy. Tried Pampers UnderJams, and they leak even when he wears 2 at one time.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:01 pm
Goodnites

Surrendered

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:02 pm
Target brand (up & up), size 7

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking for a leak-proof pull-up for a 9-10 year old boy. Tried Pampers UnderJams, and they leak even when he wears 2 at one time.

Having the same issue. We have done the largest size of Goodnites and the UP and UP and Walmart Brand...they all leak.

gamanit

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:24 pm
Have you explored cloth options? There are extended size cloth trainers that you can pair with amazing inserts to be almost leakproof. If you have facebook there are a few groups that sell these.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:47 pm
When my son outgrew the largest size of Goodnites, we got the small (and then medium) adult pullups.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 2:15 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
When my son outgrew the largest size of Goodnites, we got the small (and then medium) adult pullups.

What company did you use? Were they leak-proof?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:23 pm
anyone try the sposie booster pads from target? do they work?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:25 pm
They all leak.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 12:13 am
Following also. I use size L/XL Goodnites with a booster pad inserted. Even when we take our 8 year old to the bathroom in middle of the night and put on fresh protection DC still wakes up leaking in the morning! This middle of the night bathroom trip is in addition to going before bed when I try having him empty his bowels in addition to urinating. I need the name of a more absorbent product!!!

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 12:47 am
No I hate good nights they totally leak. I used the biggest size pull up brand, surprisingly they worked till quite old. They stretch.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 1:03 am
Parents choice from Wal-Mart. But if he forgot to go to the bathroom he will for sure leak. Also sometimes I put a pad underneath.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 1:03 am
I'm surprised the Pull Ups worked better than the Goodnites! I was told Pull Ups are designed not to be so absorbent since they are only supposed to catch small accidents of a toilet training kid. However, like the name sounds, the Goodnites are meant for kids that aren't dry at all at night, and then there is definitely more volume of liquid to absorb then during a short time during the day.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 1:16 am
gamanit wrote:
Have you explored cloth options? There are extended size cloth trainers that you can pair with amazing inserts to be almost leakproof. If you have facebook there are a few groups that sell these.

Do you have a recommendation for a brand of cloth trainers and inserts? I need it to fit an 8yo that is on the upper limit of the height and weight charts. He is on the skinny side but weights more than average due to his height.

gamanit

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:07 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Do you have a recommendation for a brand of cloth trainers and inserts? I need it to fit an 8yo that is on the upper limit of the height and weight charts. He is on the skinny side but weights more than average due to his height.

The brand of the trainer doesn't matter nearly as much as which insert you use. Some people use cloth inserts with Goodnite Trufits. For inserts I'd recommend custom inserts from Sandy Tush or Bear Booties on Facebook. Some other groups have good customs as well. You should look for a few layers of cotton bamboo plus a few layers of cotton hemp.

whewpy

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:58 am
Poise pads and several other brands have pads specifically for incontinence. Its made to absorb urine specifically so no leaks

whewpy

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:59 am
And, the target brand pull ups does a better job than goodnites

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 8:08 am
At this point you need adult diapers

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 1:42 am
I agree, at this time look into adult diapers, they shouldn’t leak

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 1:22 pm
Since it is for a skinny kid will the adult size leak through the leg holes since they won't be snug fitting there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)