Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did you open a twin egg and then have twins?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:11 pm
I recently suffered a late term pregnancy loss and was considering trying again. I’m on my placebo week and opened two eggs this week that each had twin eggs in them.

Coincidence or is there any hidden meaning to it? I was thinking of waiting another month to ttc but maybe it means I would get pregnant with twins if I got pregnant this cycle. (Yikes!)

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:25 pm
I've had countless twin eggs and don't have twins. Probably everyone came across at least once in their lifetime a twin egg.....

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:27 pm
I cook and bake a lot and get twin eggs often. Definitely do not have twins... wishful thinking

and sometimes there’s been a few twin eggs in a dozen!

happyone

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:29 pm
ys.. wishful thinking .

elisheva25

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:31 pm
Twin eggs, no twins in real life

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:34 pm
Okay. I’m normally not superstitious but I can’t remember the last time this happened and now it happened twice. Would be funny if I updated in ten months that I had twins (though I don’t really want to have twins)

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:42 pm
Have had many twin eggs, no twins.
Have often thought that same - I had a whole box of twin eggs while working with an RE. No twins.

imasinger

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 3:49 pm
I'm sorry for your pregnancy loss, and glad you are feeling optimistic. But do be careful -- as you know, the hurt of losing one's hopes and dreams is very, very painful. Best to limit those castles in the air.

May you conceive again the right number of babies in the right time.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 4:11 pm
My aunt had twin eggs, then found out she was expecting twins #10 &11. She was shocked because twins don’t run in her family.

I personally think it’s a coincidence.

octopus

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 4:12 pm
I cook and bake a lot and have gotten many twin yolks. No twins here either.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 4:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I recently suffered a late term pregnancy loss and was considering trying again. I’m on my placebo week and opened two eggs this week that each had twin eggs in them.

Coincidence or is there any hidden meaning to it? I was thinking of waiting another month to ttc but maybe it means I would get pregnant with twins if I got pregnant this cycle. (Yikes!)

It’s actually pretty common to get pregnant with twins straight after coming off the pill. Many doctors say to wait a cycle to avoid the rebound effect. I’m sorry for your loss!!

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 1:25 am
I don't know how to bake.
But I know how to make twins, apparently Tongue Out

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 1:26 am
I did have an abnormal number of twin eggs with my twin pregnancy, but I've had twin eggs since then and only singletons unfortunately! Send any twin vibes my way, please, I love twins!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 1:48 am
I really wanted twins and in the begin of my previous pregnancy I opened a twin egg! I was thrilled!
But it was one delicious baby bh!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:28 am
imasinger wrote:
I'm sorry for your pregnancy loss, and glad you are feeling optimistic. But do be careful -- as you know, the hurt of losing one's hopes and dreams is very, very painful. Best to limit those castles in the air.

May you conceive again the right number of babies in the right time.

I’m not hoping for twins. I don’t think I could handle them. I really was curious because I can’t remember the last time I opened one, let alone two, twin eggs.

Amen!

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:32 am
OP. All these things. Has nothing to do with anyone else. If it happened to them or not. You have to reach in and deeply connect to your soul and see what you feel. And then ask a rav or mekubal how you should proceed. It's a personal thing. All of these .

alef12

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:08 am
Is this a joke?
My chickens lay double yolkers all the time, especially the older hens.
No twins here LOL

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 10:18 am
If you buy jumbo eggs you’re much more likely to get double yolks. There’s no correlation between poultry eggs and human fertility. I’m sorry for your loss and hope you have good news soon, but please don’t start looking for signs and omens on your kitchen table or anywhere else. That way lies madness at best and the dust of sorcery and Avodah Zarah at worst. Just have faith and take the usual religious, marital and medical steps as needed.

challenging

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 11:59 am
My sister in law did.she opened a egg with twins for her potato kugel that same day she had her appointment and yup she carried twins.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:06 pm
And just by the way, twin yolks in the eggs isn't twins. It's an abnormal egg. Twins would mean the chicken laying two eggs. An egg with two yolks is a dud. It wouldn't hatch at all. Which would explain the pp who mentioned that older hens lay eggs with two yolks. It's because the older you get the lower the quality of your eggs (apparently that's true by chickens as well as humans)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics