Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Caesarea- are new homes being built?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:13 pm
Looking into aliyah once all of our kids graduate High school. We keep coming back to the idea of living in Caesarea- this won't be for another 4-5 years. I know it is expensive- so if I start saving my pennies now and clipping coupons : )...

Can anyone tell me if there are new developments being built there so we can get in from the start- not even sure how to find that information.

We don't really fit into a descriptive "frum" box. Not yeshivish, but not modern orthodox... just plain old frum jews...
From the bit that I saw on NBN it seems like a very modern and French community.
We like the Florida vibe we get when we drive through..
Is it crazy to choose a place to live based on what you are comfortable living in now?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:18 am
I don't think you will have much of a community there. As far as I know, the shul in Caesarea doesn't have a regular mincha/maariv minyan during the week .

Netanya might be a better fit for you, if you are looking for seaside living. It's not as attractive as Caesarea, but also not as expensive.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 10:33 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I don't think you will have much of a community there. As far as I know, the shul in Caesarea doesn't have a regular mincha/maariv minyan during the week .

Netanya might be a better fit for you, if you are looking for seaside living. It's not as attractive as Caesarea, but also not as expensive.

Wow! no weekly mincha maariv minyan- that is so sad. I simply assumed because its Israel you can find a minyan pretty much everywhere...

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 11:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! no weekly mincha maariv minyan- that is so sad. I simply assumed because its Israel you can find a minyan pretty much everywhere...

To repeat, that is as far as I know. You might want to check it out yourself. But sure, there are places in Israel that don't have a minyan or kosher food.

heidi

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:41 am
Caesarea is a great place to visit. Lots of people rent those gorgeous houses for summer vacation. There are a few kosher restaurants there. Not a really vibrant Orthodox life as far as I know. You might want to contact chabad there to get an idea of what's going on religiously. If they're the only game in town you'll pretty much have your answer.

rivkam

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 4:05 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:

I agree Netanya would probably be good because there is more of a religious community and there is a lot of English speakers.

I'm trying to think of other communities close to the beach but I can't think of any great ideas. Herzilya has that feel but I don't know how much of a religious community there is and it is known to be expensive.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 4:24 am
rivkam wrote:
I agree Netanya would probably be good because there is more of a religious community and there is a lot of English speakers.

Are there a lot of English speakers in Netanya? I thought there was a small community, mainly retired folks.

There are tons of French speakers in Netanya.

There are also some French who moved to Caesaria. They tend to be more traditional, so maybe they opened up some minyanim or shuls.

Caesaria is indeed gorgeous, and there are very few places like it in Israel. Not all the neighborhoods are, but some are stunning and do give a chul vibe. You have to know where to go. My dd used to babysit for a family there. I saw the house and street a few times, and it was just lovely. (Though the kids there complained that there weren't enough kids around to play with).
The neighborhood I saw was stunning because it wasn't the standard expensive Israeli neighborhood where each house is surrounded by a high fort with a gate you need a code to access. It was more open, you could see many of the manicured lawns, it was green and welcoming.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:12 pm
Maybe I should post a new question- what Israel towns have that Florida seaside chu"l feel similar to Ceasarea , but with daily minyanim and some anglos... Is there such a place in Israel?
I know, I know- you move to Israel, you should not expect it to be like the USA, but it makes it easier if you move somewhere and it has that familiar feel.
DH keeps saying we need to just start the next up and coming suburb similar to Chashmonaim...(before it gets too expensive).

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:31 am
Caesarea is not the place for a frum life unles you come from way OOT

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 7:50 am
If you don't have to be on the beach, maybe Tel Mond could work. It's a mix of secular and religious, with a noticeable minority of English speakers, many of them Brits. I think houses there go for about 1 million US. It's not far from the shore, and might be the vibe you like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions