Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Children and computer games

miami85

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 10:39 am
I know that personally I was very into computer games at a young age, and not having having a computer at home I did gravitate to friends who had a computer and I would go to their houses where we would play computer games--and other things, but before the days of Youtube, so nothing really problematic. Nowadays, with technology being part and parcel of our society, but also very controversial, and I have boys aged 7-8 who are very into Minecraft, recently they have had a lot of friends asking to come over and one of my kids tends to socially isolate and withdraw with his tablet, so I welcome kids who call him and ask to come over and play. On the one hand I want to say "no tablet while friends are over", but then he says "He wants to play Minecraft with me." and then I let them play together. I'm somewhat new to my neighborhood, so I don't know totally how other families feel about this and I don't want my kids to become ostracized due to their interest, but I know that Minecraft IS the popular game for this age. We try our best to monitor my kids' tablet usage, but its becoming an uphill battle at times balancing it with other activities.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 10:42 am
Are you asking for input?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics