Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Lkwd tuition
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 2:02 am
How much is full tuition at your lkwd school. If u dont want to name it just describe it - boys yeshivish elementary.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 6:45 am
About 6,000

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 7:25 am
Boys normal elementary - $6800 is what they call full, full; $6100 is a discount they give without asking any questions. I do not know if further breaks are available.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 7:49 am
It depends on the school. I'm guessing that yeshivas Orchos Chaim has a higher tuition rate than let's say, Cheder Bnei Torah.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 7:51 am
$6,000 last year, probably went up $100 for this coming year

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 7:52 am
$8400 at Tashbar Twisted Evil

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 7:56 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
$8400 at Tashbar Twisted Evil

Don’t wanna hijack this thread but a friend of mine was asking a camp director why the price of camps skyrocketed. She said look around you at the standards of living- the cars, the homes, the clothes (and shoes and bags). The same concept goes for tuition...if people wouldn’t spend so lavishly in other areas the schools would have more rachmanus!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 8:13 am
Upper 6 for boys and close to 5 for girls.
This year I’m sending my son to an out of town dorm and they are asking $11,000..... that is a big difference than what we have been used to!

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 8:16 am
Mid 8

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:24 am
Just curious but how do families with several kids afford this? I know it's a bit lower tuition range than other places but if you have a bunch of kids it adds up like crazy. How do you do it!!! Do families in Lkwd have professionals I thought it's mostly kollel families. I'm just asking bc our tuition is in that range(not in Lkwd though) and we are both working and really really struggling.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:30 am
I'm only pregnant with my 1st and already getting nervous... Confused

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:59 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Just curious but how do families with several kids afford this? I know it's a bit lower tuition range than other places but if you have a bunch of kids it adds up like crazy. How do you do it!!! Do families in Lkwd have professionals I thought it's mostly kollel families. I'm just asking bc our tuition is in that range(not in Lkwd though) and we are both working and really really struggling.

Some of them probably ask for and receive reductions.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:00 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I'm only pregnant with my 1st and already getting nervous... Confused

Don't worry. Hashem should bless you with good parnossah. If not, you'll ask for a reduction.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:00 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Boys normal elementary - $6800 is what they call full, full; $6100 is a discount they give without asking any questions. I do not know if further breaks are available.

Nobody would send to a school that isn't normal Wink

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:01 pm
Don't forget tuition for boys includes July.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:03 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Some of them probably ask for and receive reductions.

The schools with the lower tuitions don’t give so fast.

+ building fees, registration, summer day camp and Sunday bussing, lunch (if ineligible), dinner. Lots of extras on top (at least some is ma’aser and tax deductible)

We are paying almost 30k for 4 kids and bH have a few more starting school soon. It’s tough. We really watch how we spend (small home, inexpensive cars, cheap vacations, clothing on sale ). And we make great salaries. (But we do save a lot also so that is part of our budget)

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:04 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Don't forget tuition for boys includes July.

There are extra fees for July - which I totally understand. My sons’ program is fantastic and comes out much cheaper then camp would.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:06 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Don’t wanna hijack this thread but a friend of mine was asking a camp director why the price of camps skyrocketed. She said look around you at the standards of living- the cars, the homes, the clothes (and shoes and bags). The same concept goes for tuition...if people wouldn’t spend so lavishly in other areas the schools would have more rachmanus!

The cost of living has gone up. They can’t pay teachers the same salaries year after year. Their pay has to increase.
I also think parents are expecting more from schools and that costs too. I’m glad the education is getting better. Just hurts to pay for it.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:59 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
The cost of living has gone up. They can’t pay teachers the same salaries year after year. Their pay has to increase.
I also think parents are expecting more from schools and that costs too. I’m glad the education is getting better. Just hurts to pay for it.

I find the huge increase in tuition ($1200 last year and now another $400) upsetting because the educational standards have not increased to meet our expectations. So we're paying more and not getting anything for it.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:04 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:

My pay isn't going up that drastically!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics