Home

What keeps you going in challenging moments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Surrendered

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:36 am
I'm going through many challenges presently, like many of you...
While I'm working on keeping Besimcha in those trying moments, I created coping mechanisms to give myself chizuk.
I'm curious what your coping skills are.

I will share some of my keys that keep me sane.
Of course #1: Tehillim
Of course #1: -Surrendering- to Hashems will, and knowing that I won't regret any of my challenges in the next world.
I listen to R'Dovid Ashaer (on Chazak- 411), Chazak Inspiration personal stories (2,1) and The Transformation hotline 712 770 4865 pin: 549732#.

I also created an extensive list of Chizuk hotline numbers to listen to. If you'd like a copy, you can PM me.

I'd really appreciate if you share your strategies. We can all learn from each other.

pesek zman

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:46 am
Garden of emunah

simba

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:51 am
Literally count the blessings I do have. Gives me loads of chizzuk.

ivfhelp

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:52 am
These
Surrendered wrote:

Of course #1: Tehillim
Of course #1: -Surrendering- to Hashems will, and knowing that I won't regret any of my challenges in the next world.

Davening
Constantly thinking of the good things in my life and thanking Hashem for them. Helps me realize that I have it good.
Chesed

Surrendered

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 10:59 am
Wow, great points.
So right, by focusing on the gifts throughout the day you will be uplifted.
Thanks for sharing. Keep them coming...

dankbar

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:10 am
Finding the good/chesed of Hashem/ within the challenges.

amother

Smokey

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:13 am
I called the transformation hotline and after entering the pin they ask for reference number to recordings. What do you enter?

amother

Blush

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:23 am
Thanks. I needed this thread right now.
In addition to reaching out to Hashem, I do meditation to positive affirmations.
It helps me relax and reset to a more positive peaceful mindset.

amother

Natural

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:48 am
You ladies are so inspiring. Hosestly my first thought was ice cream!!
Scheduling a time with my dh to discuss my hardship with him (for example taking a walk or going out) and having him get me and then he can be there for me in the way I need him over the next few weeks makes me feel better. I feel like I’m not going through this alone

saralem

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:44 pm
knowing that Hashem is always there, never sleeps, and will take care of me, no matter what.
also, I believe in hope. without hope, I have no way to carry on. there's always got to be some teeny bit of hope.
this has helped me weather my fair share for storms. more than my fair share, I'd like to think--but that's up to Hashem.

amother

Vermilion

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 12:47 pm
Listing 100 things to thank Hashem for. Daily.
It puts everything in the right perspective.

amother

Violet

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:15 pm
Turning heavenward with a smiling face (or tear filled, if that's the best I can do) and thanking Hashem for my hardships. It is very hard to do, but I just repeat "Thank You, I know this is good for me even though I dont understand, I love You, and You love me..."

Thank you for starting this thread, I need it today...

amother

Violet

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:20 pm
I also want to add, getting out of my head and listing people I can help, then doing what I can to help them and checking it off my list one by one. Examples are delivering home made challah erev Shabbos to lonely people, inviting someone having a hard time for a Shabbos meal, sending a loving text to someone that could use it, etc. This instantly shifts my focus from victim to empowered giver.

amother

Powderblue

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:28 pm
Thank you. I really needed this. For the moment it’s tehillim.
By nature I’m a person who likes to be in control, and hashem has thrown this recent challenge my way and completely upended that possibility. So, that’s what I need to do now. Surrender and believe that this is what is meant to be......something that’s difficult for me to accept.

amother

Magenta

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 2:05 pm
I haven't had a chance to listen to this shiur yet, but I have a family member going through a medical crisis at the moment and another family member suggested this for chizuk.

http://www.yiwoodmere.org/shiu.....le-of-Life

Surrendered

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 2:33 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I called the transformation hotline and after entering the pin they ask for reference number to recordings. What do you enter?

712 770 4865, pin 549732#, press # (to hear the last session, or press the playback number you'd like to listen to). This hotline is so inspiring.
In a low moment, I call in and I always feel uplifted and in great spirit after listening to this line.

Surrendered

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 2:36 pm
I'm so happy I started this thread, You're all such amazing people. Really working on yourself...
There are such good tips and advice to keep the spirit up while going through real life challenges.
Please keep it rolling..

PinkFridge

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 2:37 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I haven't had a chance to listen to this shiur yet, but I have a family member going through a medical crisis at the moment and another family member suggested this for chizuk.

http://www.yiwoodmere.org/shiu.....le-of-Life

This was incredibly, incredibly awesome and I highly recommend it.

Surrendered

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 6:46 pm
Keep this thread active. Need inspiration

amother

Coffee

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 7:15 pm
I get a lot of abuse at work. Its emotional abuse but I cant leave else id have stress of no $for bills. I therefore

1)try to take it one moment at a time and prepare but know that I wont worry about my boss saying...bec right now ill focus on now

2) I say to myself in my head"" right wen im suffering...hashem pls help me manage I cant do this....of course I still am in that bad situation but I tell myself that its all from hashem so its part of His plan...

3) the most important thing is to tell myself that I shouldnt really fear my boss(even tjough im struggling with this) bec if someone would tell me that boss would be fired tom. Or...then I wouldnt care wat she says/does
So too, I need to acknowledge that my boss is only as powerful as hashem allowscand I am supposed to only fear hashem not my boss or bossy colleagues...

Im still struggling but I try to remind myself not to think about tomorrow but think that hashem can change anything for me and "save" me at any time. Its especially hard for me bec I dont get emotional support from relatives so I tell myself hashem will help.

I struggle everyday and my friend who struggles with physical problems(like cant take care of her basic needs) thinks my emotional abuse is "not as bad" but it is for me.

Another thing I do is on shabbos I scan through the papers to find things about emuna bitachon that inspire me and talk about dealing with zaros and it helps me with different ideas(I chose wat I relate to as I dont relate to miraculous stories bec these miraculous stories didnt happen to me).

Recently a paper had a summary of a speech by rabbi ashear(I couldnt go bec I work and take care of my kids)and it says our job is to connect with hashem and hashem gives us tests and challenges but He is always there for us...dont give up...so I relate to this because I definitely connect to hashem wen im suffering and yes, I tell myself its a test from hashem...

A story he told is a boy davened went to kotel for a shidduch and wen he returned to anerica he was given a girls name ....he thought hashem was saving him now"" so he went out but it was not shayach so he was down and his rav said it was a test from hashem to see if ull connect with Him wen u are dissapointed so DONT GIVE UP HASHEM HAS A PLAN AND LOVES U EVEN IF U DONT FEEL IT...

I did also get advice to thabk hashem for "small" things which I do and then say pls help me manage my troubles...but truthfully sometimes this thanking list gets me down bec I just wush I would have so much better things to thank for so that my suffering is less but of course I know its all from hashem and He will help me through it.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational