Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How do you get your name out there as a tutor?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 8:08 pm
With the proper credentials in that area.

teachkids

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 9:13 pm
Get in contact with the director of special services in the local schools

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 10:46 pm
If you are in NY and licensed, do p3. People are constantly looking for p3s to come to their homes. Once you do that, you may get more cases through word of mouth . Also ask around, principals, etc. You can start charging a lower rate to interest people your first year .

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:52 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
If you are in NY and licensed, do p3. People are constantly looking for p3s to come to their homes. Once you do that, you may get more cases through word of mouth . Also ask around, principals, etc. You can start charging a lower rate to interest people your first year .

I am certified, but for various reasons, it would represent a conflict of interest for me to do P3.

I've already been a tutor for a few years, but never built up a steady clientele. People are happy with me--I have a 100% Regents pass rate, and everyone meets their goals-- but they don't necessarily need to continue past 1 year (especially if they came to me in 11th grade, which is somehow where I get a lot of my clients).

I think I'm going to call the schools. Several of them already had good experiences with me B'H.

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 11:59 pm
I remember tutors use to leave a paper with little tabs with their number hanging in the school hallway in high school. Contacting schools is a great idea. You can advertise in magazines, but that you have to pay money.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:28 am
octopus wrote:
I remember tutors use to leave a paper with little tabs with their number hanging in the school hallway in high school. Contacting schools is a great idea. You can advertise in magazines, but that you have to pay money.

I like the idea of the little tabs. I tried the advertising route, but it's too expensive for a one-woman, on-the-side operation and didn't get enough results.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:32 am
word of mouth, ads, have the rabbis know annd mechanchim (the chief rabbi sent people to my dh)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics