Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Miri Couture

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 10:25 pm
In search of s really nice dress. Heard they have lovely inventory.

Does anyone know what the price point is? Like around how much I can expect to spend?

Also, is it worth the hype and price tag?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:44 pm
Yes, beautiful dresses. A short party dress will be $600-$1000. Long gowns more expensive. The dresses that did not sell at end of season go on sale and sometimes you can find a great dress on sale. Good luck!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:04 pm
I just want to warn you that the Coney Island location might not let you come in if you don't dress a certain way. I know a chassidish lady who dresses very plain and neat who entered the store and was immediately shooed out and told "We don't have anything here for you!"

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:23 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I just want to warn you that the Coney Island location might not let you come in if you don't dress a certain way. I know a chassidish lady who dresses very plain and neat who entered the store and was immediately shooed out and told "We don't have anything here for you!"

I’m a simple OOT girl and they had no problem helping me with a gown. They were very helpful!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:13 pm
I’m also OOT, and they were very nice and helpful!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:06 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I’m a simple OOT girl and they had no problem helping me with a gown. They were very helpful!

I don't really see how OOT has anything to do with what I wrote. A simple OOT woman has a different look than a simple chassidish woman and they obviously don't like the simple chassidish look, shopping in their store. Just like some stores don't like black people shopping in their stores, racism isn't a new concept.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:49 am

I personally know that isn't the case. Perhaps there was another reason for them to tell her that.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 2:17 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I personally know that isn't the case. Perhaps there was another reason for them to tell her that.

It was a pretty simple story - 1)woman enters store 2)woman shown the door and told we don't have anything here for you 3)woman leaves store
I assume that they had some customers in the store that they had to impress and they didn't want this chassidish woman tainting their appearance.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 2:19 am
It was a pretty simple story - 1)woman enters store 2)woman shown the door and told we don't have anything here for you.
I assume that they had some customers in the store that they had to impress and they didn't want this chassidish woman tainting their appearance.

I actually had the same experience! Terrible!!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 2:25 am
I passed a friend on her way to one of their stores. By chance, I passed her on her way out too - she was pale with shock! I asked her how it went. She said (almost) no price labels, but the one dress that happened to have one was about $1500 Surprised

lcraighten

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:34 am
There are many websites that have beautiful gowns as well. Miri has very pretty stuff, but it might be a bit over budget.

Asos
Modcloth
Revolve
Saved by the dress
Unique Vintage
ShopStyle

and many many more!

kollel wife

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:35 am
Are you in Lakewood - try Sorelle - they're nice to everyone!!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:38 am
If you're already looking in that neighborhood, you can also stop in to Raquel and Elegance. If you're a sample size, you might be able to get something on sale at Miri or Raquel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics