Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is bedroom furniture a must?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:17 pm
Hi! Does anyone have a setup with no furniture other than beds, night table? Meaning just closets no dressers for storage? It wouldn’t be walk in, just reg closets built in to the room.. can this work for a master? Kids room for two kids?

Maryann

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:19 pm
It can if you have enough space in the closets.
I find I need a dresser, I needed those draws for underwear and tights ect

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:21 pm
To add to my op, In order to accomplish this, how big do you think closets need to be?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:22 pm
Where would you put your folded clothes?

It would be necessary for me to have a dresser and a nightstand of sorts (to put a lamp and reading material

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:22 pm
If you have shelves in the closet you can buy bins or baskets to keep tights etc in, and put folded sweaters etc on the shelves as well.

srbmom

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:24 pm
I have no dressers in my room but have a huge closet. I have bins on a shelf for anything that would usually go in a drawer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:25 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
If you have shelves in the closet you can buy bins or baskets to keep tights etc in, and put folded sweaters etc on the shelves as well.

Yes this is what I’m thinking. Have shelves and hanging space in closets to address this

mig100

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can this work for a master?

I dont have any dresser (or space for one) in my master

managing fine with just closet

I did buy those small portable draws ( the type kids bring to camp) and put in close used them for things I want in smaller draws

Maryann

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:26 pm
Just thinking also, I actually love my dresser it kind turns my bedroom into the 'master bedroom' because of my dresser.
On my dresser I have Pic of my husband and I and a vanity tray with my perfume

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi! Does anyone have a setup with no furniture other than beds, night table? Meaning just closets no dressers for storage? It wouldn’t be walk in, just reg closets built in to the room.. can this work for a master? Kids room for two kids?

Yup.
It's the best!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:33 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Yup.
It's the best!

Can you please elaborate? Any chance u have any ideas how big the closets are? Do you find you have enough space for two kids stuff?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:36 pm
Yes! And I love it!! But I have a walk in closet and also bought a small drawers thing for folded clothes that for my master bedroom. So much neater

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:36 pm
I have it too.

Mine is a walk in closet with built ins.
The kids have large closets with hanging space and shelves with bins.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:38 pm
Would anyone be brave enough to post a pic of their closets in their kids room that are working for you😬 it would be so helpful. Just wondering if my rooms are big enough for the size closets necessary for such a setup.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:39 pm
If you have a nice size closet plus enough room in that closet for a row of build in drawers.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:39 pm
no it's not. I prefer the clean empty look. I have one bed and one dresser/nightstand per room. I have closets that are not huge but enough space for hanging and shelves for folded things. not sure size of closets.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To add to my op, In order to accomplish this, how big do you think closets need to be?

Not not at all I can check the measurements, I think it's standard size, but I have drawers and shelves in the middle- 6 drawers and shelves all the way up, long hanging space on one side and 2 racks for hanging space on the other. With shelves on top of the hanging space as well (more for storage)

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you please elaborate? Any chance u have any ideas how big the closets are? Do you find you have enough space for two kids stuff?

Sorry is started typing to explain but got busy and didn't submit the post

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:49 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Not not at all I can check the measurements, I think it's standard size, but I have drawers and shelves in the middle- 6 drawers and shelves all the way up, long hanging space on one side and 2 racks for hanging space on the other. With shelves on top of the hanging space as well (more for storage)

How many kids stuff do you have in this closet?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 12:50 pm
My parents just did renovations and got rid of all bedroom furniture. They made a large closet in all rooms and installed in each closet hanging, shelves, and drawers. The only furniture is beds and a night table. It gives the room such a clean & neat look.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics