Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help writing a letter to teacher.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 1:53 pm
Fifth grader need to write a letter to her teacher and I’m really bad at writing. What kind of things would the teachers appreciate to hear now? What should she write?

tweek

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 2:07 pm
Anything that specifies something unique about the year they spent together. It can be

Something new or interesting that she learned
Something about her teaching style that she enjoyed
Something about her interactions with students that she appreciated
Something about how she treated her students that she admired or was inspired by

Just some ideas....

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 4:27 pm
Or something about what she's doing on vacation! Or where she's going...
Anything interesting happened in the last 4 weeks?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 4:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Fifth grader need to write a letter to her teacher and I’m really bad at writing. What kind of things would the teachers appreciate to hear now? What should she write?

Is this a letter to last year's teacher, or next year's teacher.

Is this to fulfill a requirement that she didnt' meet, because she misbehaved, or summer homework?

If its to last year's teacher, she should specifically refer to a particular lesson that she found interesting or useful. If possible, relate it to the summer. She used something she learned in limudei kodesh in dealing with her siblings, or math when going to the ice cream truck, or whatever.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 10:43 pm
Thanks all! It’s for her last year teacher basically just to let her know she’s still thinking about her.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jul 31 2019, 10:49 pm
Having been a teacher these are the kind of letters I've gotten (3rd Grade):
Dear Mrs. _________,
Hi,
I miss you very much! I had such a fun and amazing year and I learned so much. I especially miss the spelling games we played - they were so much fun! Yesterday I saw a butterfly and I thought of the butterflies that we had in our classroom.
I am in Camp ____ now. A lot of girls from our class are in my bunk. Yesterday we went on a trip to ____. We had a great time.
You were my favorite teacher! I am excited to see you next year.
Love, ___________

Keep in mind that teachers love hearing from their students, even if the letter is basically saying nothing major. Just hearing about their summer is nice...
No need to make yourself crazy thinking back at everything you've learned.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 2:53 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Having been a teacher these are the kind of letters I've gotten (3rd Grade):
Dear Mrs. _________,
Hi,
I miss you very much! I had such a fun and amazing year and I learned so much. I especially miss the spelling games we played - they were so much fun! Yesterday I saw a butterfly and I thought of the butterflies that we had in our classroom.
I am in Camp ____ now. A lot of girls from our class are in my bunk. Yesterday we went on a trip to ____. We had a great time.
You were my favorite teacher! I am excited to see you next year.
Love, ___________

Keep in mind that teachers love hearing from their students, even if the letter is basically saying nothing major. Just hearing about their summer is nice...
No need to make yourself crazy thinking back at everything you've learned.

Perfect!! Thanks for ur time!!

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:20 pm
Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics