Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What are you planning to cook Shabbos
Previous  1  2

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 2:15 am
For ss I’m making salmon Greek salad melon and roasted vegi quinoa salad. For the poster above who asked for the recipe, I make the one from kosher.com and it’s delish!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 2:25 am
cbg wrote:
My LOR says it CAN be meat

I should look into this in more detail, since I can't even remember where I learned that it shouldn't be meat. It certainly would make life easier if it could be meat.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 2:42 am
The issue is discussed here: https://torahmitzion.org/learn.....****/ . cbg is correct that it's customary among both Ashkenzim and Sefardim to eat meat at this se'udah hamafsket. Interestingly, this appears to be one case where the minhag became less strict over time. The Ge'onim refrained from eating meat; but almost all Chachmei Ashkenaz did permit eating meat.

myname1

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 4:02 am
From a Daily Halacha email I received, in case it helps anyone:
2. The usual Seudah Mafsekes is replaced with a regular Seudah Shlishis of Shabbos at which one may eat meat and drink wine and eat any foods one desires. One may eat the meal with the family at one table, however, one should not invite guests unless one regularly has guests for Seudah Shlishis. One may conclude the meal with a Zimun as always. One must be careful to conclude the meal before sunset/Sh'kiah. One should not say that one is eating to have strength for the fast, and one may not take a pill that makes it easier to fast, because one would be preparing on Shabbos for Sunday which is not permitted. It is permitted to sing Shabbos zemiros.
Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Berurah 552:10, Shmiras Shabbos Kehilchasa 28:77, Igros Moshe 4:112

smile12345

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 7:38 am
chocolatecake wrote:
For ss I’m making salmon Greek salad melon and roasted vegi quinoa salad. For the poster above who asked for the recipe, I make the one from kosher.com and it’s delish!

This one from Rivky Kleinman? https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-7082

cbg

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 12:12 pm
myname1 wrote:
From a Daily Halacha email I received, in case it helps anyone:
2. The usual Seudah Mafsekes is replaced with a regular Seudah Shlishis of Shabbos at which one may eat meat and drink wine and eat any foods one desires. One may eat the meal with the family at one table, however, one should not invite guests unless one regularly has guests for Seudah Shlishis. One may conclude the meal with a Zimun as always. One must be careful to conclude the meal before sunset/Sh'kiah. One should not say that one is eating to have strength for the fast, and one may not take a pill that makes it easier to fast, because one would be preparing on Shabbos for Sunday which is not permitted. It is permitted to sing Shabbos zemiros.
Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Berurah 552:10, Shmiras Shabbos Kehilchasa 28:77, Igros Moshe 4:112

Some authorities do allow you to take the fasting pill.
Please ask your LOR

chanchy123

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 1:43 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I have learned that even if it's on Shabbat, the se'udah hamafseket should not be meat. I am preparing salmon and a tuna casserole. Also, salad and fruit are good before a fast. So is Powerade.

I learned the opposite. However I'm not a huge fan of meat before a fast.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note