Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Watermelon before fasting

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 7:28 pm
I keep on hearing that eating watermelon before fasting is great because it keeps you hydrating for longer.
How exactly does it work? I feel like I'm running to the bathroom a million times after, so what's left there to hydrate?

lora

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 7:35 pm
I totally agree and I'v heard people disagree with the watermelon for the high sugar content to, which can cause your blood sugar to plummet and make you hungry fast. the best method is water, or electrolyte water 10 cups a day for 3 days leading up to the fast.

aliavi

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 9:08 pm
Foods with potassium sodium (if not restricted) and electrolytes are all good pre and post fast.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 9:27 pm
Too much watermelon makes me sick to the stomach with diarrhea.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 12:43 am
Fruits like watermelon have water in a different form- it’s called gel water. It doesn’t just pass through the body like regular water does. It’s very hydrating.

tf

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:27 am
It’s the water combination with something else that keeps the body hydrated. Not necessarily watermelon. Plain water flushes the system, so for many people it won’t work. Adding something to the water helps it stay in the body longer. Lemon juice, salt or sugar are good options.
Another thing. If you are the type that water flushes out of your system quickly, then have just one teaspoon every 5-10 minutes or so before you drink more. And then just drink when you’re a bit thirsty. Overdoing drinking causes flushing and then more water flushes than you actually drank. So a little bit often does a better job.
May we all have an easy fast and be Zoiche to the Geula Sheleima quickly and easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note