Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What are you doing Sunday during the 9 days?
Previous  1  2

Surrendered

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:13 am
Oral games: one starts story, next one continues the story, using the last letter the person used...
Come up with words quickly, using words with certain letters, like start with the last letter person used.

Great homemade family game:
(can play with 2-100 players)
Girls names, boys names, last names, food items game. Loads of fun!
On an empty paper, make 5 columns. Write: Boys, girls, last names, food, points.
Decide on amount of points for each column.
One person starts by saying the letters (quietly, by covering the mouth).
Another player sais STOP. The first one sais which letter they were up to. (Ex. Letter P)
Everyone starts writing names using this letter.
Another player (or the first person) said STOP when they are done thinking of names to write.
Everyone (by taking chances) sais their written names.
If 2 people have the same name- both cross it off their list. If no one has your written name, you get to keep the points.
And count up points (made up before game starts).

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:15 am
Send them shopping for their school supplies.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanx so much! Any suggestions for board games ? How about good recipes to bake with them?

Depending on what types of games your kids like, here are some popular ones:

Codenames
Settlers of catan
Ticket to ride
Pandemic

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 3:18 am
Thanx for the ideas! Curious, why the hug when I shared where I live?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 4:46 am
My kids enjoy decorating cookie with icing and making all different kinds of pictures and things . We then freeze it and it becomes a snack they turn to for the rest of the summer. I bake regular vanilla crisps/sugar cookies . Use different cookie cutter shapes. And then make many different color icings in piping bags or ziploc bags.

Teenagers are old enough to decide what to bake themselves. Give them some exciting cookbooks and have them decide what they want to do. Then let them make a list of the ingredients they need and go to the grocery to buy all the ingredients and of course all the right baking pans and parchment paper etc.

If you are doing icing cookies it can take hours upon hours. The cookie dough needs to be made , rolled out, cut into shapes, baked, cooled, icing needs to be made and then the actual designing on the cookie can take a while.
Whatever they do, give them choice and options. It makes it more enjoyable when they choose what they want to do. Have fun!

windchime

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 5:45 am
Rummicub is a fun board game too!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 6:02 am
Have each teen choose a dessert they want to bake for YT. Perfect time to freeze for the holidays.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 7:10 am
Galleria mall

Billy Beez?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:26 am
What is Showfields? I looked it up online and couldn’t get a sense of what it is.. Thanx..

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 3:36 pm
My family doesn't do "fun" stuff during the 9 Days. My teens have been experimenting with new recipes; organizing their rooms; reading; going on walks; spending time with friends; babysitting. We went to the library and got a bunch of books they hadn't read before. We've been cooking extra for Bikur Cholim. Maybe there are mitzvah opportunities your girls would enjoy? I remember when I was younger, packing up food packages for Tomchei Shabbos was lots of fun. During the 9 Days I encourage my kids to find extra opportunities to do things that will help others and create achdus.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note