Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
This is what happened in Sahara Sams
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 9:55 pm
They told all the kids to get out of the pool and they served supper to the kids before they were going to leave. The lifeguards checked all the kids were out and they closed the area. This kid told his buddy hes not hungry so hes going to walk around the pool area a bit. He was walking around and he either fell in or jumped in but he didnt respond as soon as he got into the water. He didnt fling his arms or jump around. What they think was that because the area where he jumped was only 3 feet, so he bumped his head and fell unconscious as soon as he jumped in. Some saw him jump/fall in and jumped in to save him but within minutes the mouth filled with water and he couldnt breathe and he went into cardiac arrest.
Some people say that he fainted and fell in as he was walking around thats why there was no response.
But we'll never know.
You see from this story that it was no ones fault. The lifeguards didnt do anything wrong. They did have a buddy system. It was all in Hashems hands. We dont know the ways of Hashem but He has a plan that we cant understand. Theres no reason not to send your kids on their trips. We just need to daven and have Siyatta Dishmaya.
My thoughts are with the family.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 9:58 pm
What makes you think that your version of the story is correct?

I've read multiple versions (including one from misaskim which is more likely to be the real one since they were there on the scene right away) and none sound anything like this.

Please don't spread false rumors.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 9:59 pm
how do you know this?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:00 pm
What the lifeguards or the sahara sam staff did wrong was that kids have access to the pools after the lifeguards left. If it would be closed, the child wouldn't be able to get there.
But we need to stop speculating...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:01 pm
I heard this from a counselor who was there

sweet

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:01 pm
Honestly, who cares how it happened!
BDE,
Hashem runs the world and its all bashert from hashem, It was nebach meant for him to be niftar.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard this from someone who was there

We've had amothers here whose sons were there as well, all with different stories. Please be careful about spreading such explicit details without verification.

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They told all the kids to get out of the pool and they served supper to the kids before they were going to leave. The lifeguards checked all the kids were out and they closed the area. This kid told his buddy hes not hungry so hes going to walk around the pool area a bit. He was walking around and he either fell in or jumped in but he didnt respond as soon as he got into the water. He didnt fling his arms or jump around. What they think was that because the area where he jumped was only 3 feet, so he bumped his head and fell unconscious as soon as he jumped in. Some saw him jump/fall in and jumped in to save him but within minutes the mouth filled with water and he couldnt breathe and he went into cardiac arrest.
Some people say that he fainted and fell in as he was walking around thats why there was no response.
But we'll never know.
You see from this story that it was no ones fault. The lifeguards didnt do anything wrong. They did have a buddy system. It was all in Hashems hands. We dont know the ways of Hashem but He has a plan that we cant understand. Theres no reason not to send your kids on their trips. We just need to daven and have Siyatta Dishmaya.
My thoughts are with the family.

Do you realize how many different versions of events are in your post alone?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:04 pm
cnc wrote:
Do you realize how many different versions of events are in your post alone?

Im not sure I understand

causemommysaid

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard this from someone who was there

I dont understand how someone there would even know the story.

Even if this were true, shouldnt the pools be locked off when not in use?

Bsimcha

Why would kids be able to walk next to a pool that the lifeguards closed up? If they were eating supper, how does a kid wander off near a pool? I assume they weren't eating right near a pool. I didn't read other versions, but this sounds very strange.

amother
Lawngreen

sweet wrote:
Honestly, who cares how it happened!
BDE,
Hashem runs the world and its all bashert from hashem, It was nebach meant for him to be niftar.

Yes.
And btw- my son was there. They were getting dressed - not eating- right there- when he saw the lifeguard pull the child out and do cpr.
Who knows
And it doesnt matter

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard this from a counselor who was there

I’ve heard (second hand )from a head staff member that the counselors themselves were not aware of what was going on while they were gathering their campers and leaving the premises . I also heard contradicting reports from multiple counselors and children that were there.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:06 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Yes.
And btw- my son was there. They were getting dressed - not eating- right there- when he saw the lifeguard pull the child out and do cpr.
Who knows
And it doesnt matter

And my son had a buddy system - only for the bus- whatever that means

SisterSix

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:07 pm
I care how it happened. If there was evidence of negligence that matters to me as I consider any potential future trips. I would consider that to be within the boundaries of normal hishtadlus of life.

I also find it a bit off-putting that this is in “interesting discussions”

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:15 pm
SisterSix wrote:
I care how it happened. If there was evidence of negligence that matters to me as I consider any potential future trips. I would consider that to be within the boundaries of normal hishtadlus of life.

Whatever happened, a child died. And no one working there would want that to happen again so this particular park will be one of the safest parks with very super vigilant lifeguards for years to come. I wouldnt hesitate to send kids there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:22 pm
SisterSix wrote:

Im new here and didnt know what else to put it under. I dont know how to change the topic name

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:25 pm
cnc wrote:
I’ve heard (second hand )from a head staff member that the counselors themselves were not aware of what was going on while they were gathering their campers and leaving the premises . I also heard contradicting reports from multiple counselors and children that were there.

Im sorry if I wasnt clear. A counselor from belz daycamp where the boy was at

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:29 pm
FWIW I heard almost exactly the same story from someone whose child was there. Repeating it only so we all stop blaming people.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:44 pm
He knew how to swim. Fact. So everybody stop with that... CCTV showed him ok and playing in water and then a sec later he just drops under the water like a rag doll.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics