Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Pet peeves! What's yours?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

merrygold

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:33 am
And for those people who don't use handheld phones in the car, realize that the volume may be loud enough to hear from outside of the car. I don't need to hear your personal conversations - especially those about private matters. The car speaker is LOUD. Be aware of that.

Pollyanna

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 2:45 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL You are so mean!

My current pet peeve, is the construction that is going on in the apartment next door to me. I have a long narrow apartment, and they are doing work all along our shared wall. There is no escaping it.

In Israel, that means sawing and drilling through concrete, jack hammering, and tearing out stone tiles. They are completely gutting the entire thing, leaving only a shell. Then they are going to rebuild the whole apartment over again from the floor up. This will probably take at least a year.

The noise starts at 7:30 am until 5pm, 6 days a week.

I can't even hear myself think. Ear plugs barely take the edge off of it. I can't hear the phone, I can't watch the news. I can't talk to company when they come over, unless we yell at the top of our lungs.

I really want to go over there and do something to them with their own power tools. Mad

Oy, I hate when that happens! Poor you. Hope they finish sooner than you think, at least with the noisy parts.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 2:53 pm
kgh180 wrote:
People who double park so it's hard to squeeze through when there's an empty space by the curb a few feet away

Especially sanitation trucks! During rush hour!

groovy1224

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 3:16 pm
People that wait till the last minute to take out their wallet and pay at a register. Why can't you fish your wallet out of your purse while she's ringing you up?? Is it a surprise at the end when they ask for money??

And then they stand there putting their change back in the correct spot instead of just moving over 2 feet so the next person can come up..

miry1

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 3:33 pm
Nail biting. It grosses me out! It's even worse when people who bite their nails spit them on the floor. GROSS.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 3:39 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
People that wait till the last minute to take out their wallet and pay at a register. Why can't you fish your wallet out of your purse while she's ringing you up?? Is it a surprise at the end when they ask for money??

And then they stand there putting their change back in the correct spot instead of just moving over 2 feet so the next person can come up..

Oops.... I dont want to see
That's me. Sorry!

polka dots

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 4:14 pm
I really hate when recipes aren’t accurate. Like when you get a drop of cream for a whole cake or tons offilling for dough. When the dough is so sticky that there is no way in the world that it ever worked out for someone.

penguin

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 4:42 pm
Voice menus that keep you in circles for hours & never allow you to speak to a live person.

singleagain

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 4:44 pm
penguin wrote:
Voice menus that keep you in circles for hours & never allow you to speak to a live person.

I've heard that if you cruse at those.. They take to to a person.

Flip Flops

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:05 pm
penguin wrote:

Yes, yes and yes!!! I prob. spent half my life on the phone with these dumb voice menus. Drives me nuts.

I also hate when ppl. say tissue paper instead of toilet paper.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:12 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
Yes, yes and yes!!! I prob. spent half my life on the phone with these dumb voice menus. Drives me nuts.

I also hate when ppl. say tissue paper instead of toilet paper.

Or towel paper when they mean paper towel.
Rubber when they mean elastic.
Recess when they mean snack.
Woman when they mean women.
Country when they mean bungalow colony.
Borrow you when they mean lend.
Mah-za-rella when they mean mozzarella.
Fast out when they mean break a fast.
How much people when they mean how many...

I'm sure I will think of some more soon.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:42 pm
Band aids put in the crook of your arm that are made with SUPER glue and NEVER come off! Ouch! Companies! Hear me now! We don't need this cheap medical strip to last longer than our marriages. Can you pleas, puhleeze lay off the glue? (sniffing it too..)

I need my arm back!

polka dots

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:52 pm
When people quote themselves to emphasize their point.
For example: you can’t compare fresh mushrooms to cans! I say it all the time. I even told my husband!
Or as I say all the time....
Quoting a yourself doesn’t make your point better

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:59 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Why can't you fish your wallet out of your purse while she's ringing you up?

Fear of having the wallet snatched.

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:15 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Band aids put in the crook of your arm that are made with SUPER glue and NEVER come off! Ouch! Companies! Hear me now! We don't need this cheap medical strip to last longer than our marriages. Can you pleas, puhleeze lay off the glue? (sniffing it too..)

I need my arm back!

This made me laugh because its so true.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:28 pm
octopus wrote:
This made me laugh because its so true.

When you're done, can you help me get this @#&% bandaid off?

My husband says 'just yank!' Thanks for that thoughtful nugget of info. Never would have thought of it on my own. I DON'T WANT TO YANK! Ouch! Insult to injury! Be glad I gave you my blood, you vampires! No need to "stick it to me" permanently! Oh sheesh! And the shower just made it stick harder...

penguin

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:31 pm
Quote:

I need my arm back!
I never let them put on a bandaid. I just hold the cotton ball for a while til the bleeding stops.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 11:55 pm
How people rush to buy "diet" food, thinking it's "healthy." People, sugar substitutes are very unhealthy! Please don't call them healthy. Don't fool yourselves.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:26 am
penguin wrote:
Quote:
I never let them put on a bandaid. I just hold the cotton ball for a while til the bleeding stops.

Now I know...

Emotional

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:40 am
yersp wrote:
Here's another one:
People who are busy with another person's weight loss/gain when they need to do some work on themselves too.

I don't think a person should be busy with my weight loss or gain, even if that person has a perfect figure.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics