Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Pet peeves! What's yours?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Emotional

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:45 am
People who talk to their kids (repeatedly, about a non-urgent matter) while on the phone with me.
Either teach your kids not to interrupt, or tell me that your kids need your attention and I will be happy to shmooze another time. I feel foolish when it's the fourth time I'm trying to finish the same sentence.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:45 am
People who have pet peeves.

acemom

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:07 am
polka dots wrote:
When people quote themselves to emphasize their point.
For example: you can’t compare fresh mushrooms to cans! I say it all the time. I even told my husband!
Or as I say all the time....
Quoting a yourself doesn’t make your point better

Good point!

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:42 am
Books that flip back and forth between characters and/or time periods without letting the reader know, so that it takes half of each chapter to figure out what’s going on. I’m not a fan of coyness in any setting and especially not in literature.

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 3:51 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
When you're done, can you help me get this @#&% bandaid off?

My husband says 'just yank!' Thanks for that thoughtful nugget of info. Never would have thought of it on my own. I DON'T WANT TO YANK! Ouch! Insult to injury! Be glad I gave you my blood, you vampires! No need to "stick it to me" permanently! Oh sheesh! And the shower just made it stick harder...

Slather oil on it. Baby oil, salad oil, motor oil, doesn’t matter. Any kind of grease, even the oil slick on your face if it’s all you have. Let it soak in a bit and the band aid should slide right off.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:51 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
When you're done, can you help me get this @#&% bandaid off?

My husband says 'just yank!' Thanks for that thoughtful nugget of info. Never would have thought of it on my own. I DON'T WANT TO YANK! Ouch! Insult to injury! Be glad I gave you my blood, you vampires! No need to "stick it to me" permanently! Oh sheesh! And the shower just made it stick harder...

In Israel they use one of those gauze wrapped cotton balls with medical tape (the masking tape kind). If you remove it after a few minutes there is no residue.
An IV should be inserted in the forearm, not the elbow if it will be in for the full 3 days. In the elbow it comes out halfway as soon as you move.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:54 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
How people rush to buy "diet" food, thinking it's "healthy." People, sugar substitutes are very unhealthy! Please don't call them healthy. Don't fool yourselves.

Or people that think that if the potato chips come from trader joes, they're good for you!

mochacoffee

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:58 am
I cringe when I see adults don't use the right version of:
their, they're, there
or
your, you're
or
than, then
or
woman, women

I see it a lot in texts, (I know some people say it's ok to misspell words in texts, I disagree) professional emails, people with thousands of followers on Instagram posting messages with these words spelled wrong...

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:07 am
zaq wrote:
Slather oil on it. Baby oil, salad oil, motor oil, doesn’t matter. Any kind of grease, even the oil slick on your face if it’s all you have. Let it soak in a bit and the band aid should slide right off.

Thank you zaq! Band aid is off! (used an oil based eye makeup remover cuz motor oil was out of reach Smile) I feel like I lost a piece of myself. I almost miss it now...jk

rosezee

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:09 am
singleagain wrote:
Ppl who don't understand that there is such a thing as parking lot etiquette.

This!!! Yes
Ahhh

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:10 am
lovemytwins wrote:
I cringe when I see adults don't use the right version of:
their, they're, there
or
your, you're
or
than, then
or
woman, women

I see it a lot in texts, (I know some people say it's ok to misspell words in texts, I disagree) professional emails, people with thousands of followers on Instagram posting messages with these words spelled wrong...

Me, too! (Cringe)

You forgot it's and its.
And whose and who's.

rosezee

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:16 am
[quote="

Last edited by rosezee on Wed, Nov 04 2020, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:20 am
Iymnok wrote:
In Israel they use one of those gauze wrapped cotton balls with medical tape (the masking tape kind). If you remove it after a few minutes there is no residue.
An IV should be inserted in the forearm, not the elbow if it will be in for the full 3 days. In the elbow it comes out halfway as soon as you move.

Thnx. I wish. Here tho, the medical offices buy from the cheapest distributor and the "band aids" (registered trademark) are just strips of duct tape with gauze.

My granddaughters got a free pack of bandaids at a hatzalah event. Of course I always let them stick things to surfaces.. Like stickers which come off easily.. Those bandaids PULLED OFF PAINT! We had to paint that area that year Pesach, to completely remove the marks they left.

In good news, they can be used as paint strippers without the smell.

rosezee

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:21 am
People who smoke and think theyre entitled to smoke in your space

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:29 am
Grown ups who make a fuss about swallowing pills! Omg, if I didn't see it personally, I would not have believed it!

My goodness! You're 28 years old! Grow up! Back of the tongue, drink. Bye..move on.. You didn't solve the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle. You swallowed a pill. Nothing to see here...

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:33 am
And! Grown women terrified to kill a bug that their kids are terrified of. You are perpetuating the myth that women must scream when they see a bug! Your kids will do that too!

Pretend you're brave, and come up with a cool, brave way to kill it. Don't "wait for tatty". That doesn't empower our kids to be brave!

(even if u have to use the flat surface of your mop from 3 feet away, do it! Kids are scared when you are scared. How do you expect them to feel safe with u home? What if another bug comes?!)

Wow. I'm going to have my coffee now. Don't know what's wrong with me.

Emotional

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:00 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Grown ups who make a fuss about swallowing pills! Omg, if I didn't see it personally, I would not have believed it!

My goodness! You're 28 years old! Grow up! Back of the tongue, drink. Bye..move on.. You didn't solve the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle. You swallowed a pill. Nothing to see here...

Jewishfoodie, please, ah bissel rachmoonis... Some people have a stronger gag reflex than others. I'm 40 years old and even with the office staff holding me down, my doctor couldn't do a throat culture on me...
(I can FEEL your eyes rolling... can't say I blame you, but what should I do???)

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:11 am
Emotional wrote:
Jewishfoodie, please, ah bissel rachmoonis... Some people have a stronger gag reflex than others. I'm 40 years old and even with the office staff holding me down, my doctor couldn't do a throat culture on me...
(I can FEEL your eyes rolling... can't say I blame you, but what should I do???)

No. Wasn't rolling my eyes at you. Would never. Now I see it from another point of view so thanks. Maybe, because in my nut house, I'm obligated to take so many pills, it's second nature to me..

But in all seriousness, I think if you put it far back enough, and quickly drink water, it really does go down easy. I know about gag reflexes because in my lifetime people have begged me to wear lenses. I'm a fan of cool funky glasses because I CANT STICK LENSES ON MY EYEBALL! Imi anochi batzara! (sorry Hashem) And my daughters, they just laugh their heads off. (my mother takes her eyeball out, puts on a lens and pops it back in. That's how bad she is at it) Yes. That's me in the cool glasses. Because I, like you, have a problem doing something the rest of the population does in their sleep.

So I feel you and now I understand you. Sorry you have such strong gag reflexes. I honestly thought it was an attention getting mechanism. As in, OMG, my doctor gave me Zithromax and it's impossible to swallow! It took me two weeks! I'm dying! And so fourth.

So thanks for the elucidation. I will NOT wear lenses tho. Laugh all u want...

Emotional

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:27 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
No. Wasn't rolling my eyes at you. Would never. Now I see it from another point of view so thanks. Maybe, because in my nut house, I'm obligated to take so many pills, it's second nature to me..

But in all seriousness, I think if you put it far back enough, and quickly drink water, it really does go down easy. I know about gag reflexes because in my lifetime people have begged me to wear lenses. I'm a fan of cool funky glasses because I CANT STICK LENSES ON MY EYEBALL! Imi anochi batzara! (sorry Hashem) And my daughters, they just laugh their heads off. (my mother takes her eyeball out, puts on a lens and pops it back in. That's how bad she is at it) Yes. That's me in the cool glasses. Because I, like you, have a problem doing something the rest of the population does in their sleep.

So I feel you and now I understand you. Sorry you have such strong gag reflexes. I honestly thought it was an attention getting mechanism. As in, OMG, my doctor gave me Zithromax and it's impossible to swallow! It took me two weeks! I'm dying! And so fourth.

So thanks for the elucidation. I will NOT wear lenses tho. Laugh all u want...

Jewishfoodie, I like you😃
Just to calm you down, though, it's easier to roll your eyes with glasses than with lenses, so in case that's what was holding you back...😜

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:34 am
Emotional wrote:
Jewishfoodie, I like you😃
Just to calm you down, though, it's easier to roll your eyes with glasses than with lenses, so in case that's what was holding you back...😜

I never knew people with lenses could roll their eyes! Don't the lenses pop out? Nah, I like you too... I mean, your screen name is Emotional! That's so cool! (my husband would kill himself before using the e word..
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics