Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you visit your staff child on visiting day?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:03 pm
Ruchel wrote:
The level of entitlement. Even kids aren't visited in my world.

So happy for you that you live in a world free of entitlement.
Really. Kudos to you.

Aylat

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:06 pm
Do they go to camp for a month? In the UK summer camp is 2 weeks and there's no visiting day. Don't know what it is in France.

Simple1

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:07 pm
It depends in your dd. I didn't because she told me not to bother because she would be busy part of the time and the rest of the time had friends to go out with.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:12 pm
Ruchel wrote:

People on imamother like to throw around the bolded word a lot. What exactly does it mean and how would you apply it to a mother visiting her dc in camp? Why would you not visit your kids in camp if you have the means and opportunity to do so?

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:27 pm
When I was staff just a few years ago, neither I or any of my friends had visitors...literally was unheard of.
We had to be on grounds some of the day to meet the parents and otherwise we did whatever we wanted, took a car to pizza shop, got together with friends in other camps...I don’t think anyone that age needs their parents to come visit!
I’m literally shocked that parents would consider driving up from the city to visit their teenage daughter who is away for 4 weeks??

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:38 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:

I’m literally shocked that parents would consider driving up from the city to visit their teenage daughter who is away for 4 weeks??

It should not be shocking that parents would want to spend some time with their daughter during the summer, even if it is not a necessity. There is nothing wrong with it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:44 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I feel like possibly there is a language barrier here. There is literally NO entitlement here. The parent is asking if she should visit. The child is not forcing the parent to come.
Where are you reading entitlement?

ddmom

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 4:09 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I feel like possibly there is a language barrier here. There is literally NO entitlement here. The parent is asking if she should visit. The child is not forcing the parent to come.
Where are you reading entitlement?

This!!
What entitlement are we talking about?
Op didn't mention anything about her kid demanding her to visit....

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 4:23 pm
I was prepared to go because I wanted to see my old camp but my daughter said that although I could come she won’t be around because her friends were coming and she will be busy with them. My other daughter wanted to go on tfw bus for all campers that had no visitors she said it was more exciting and she would see me in a few weeks anyway.
It’s a month and they are teenagers they should be fine not seeing their parents for a month.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 5:22 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I was prepared to go because I wanted to see my old camp but my daughter said that although I could come she won’t be around because her friends were coming and she will be busy with them. My other daughter wanted to go on tfw bus for all campers that had no visitors she said it was more exciting and she would see me in a few weeks anyway.
It’s a month and they are teenagers they should be fine not seeing their parents for a month.
that sounds like fun. In my day , not having a visitor meant you were alone on camp grounds with no friends and nowhere to go. And it felt extremely lonely. As long as they have the opportunity to do fun things or share the time with friends then I totally understand why parents don’t go.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics