Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Terumot/maaserot of garden produce

zebra111

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 12:47 pm
Anyone know of a rav who is availible to answer questions regarding terumot/maaserot of garden produce, either through mail or through an israeli number?

Currently growing a few things on my balcony and as they start to ripen I need some answers..!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:35 pm
Are you in israel?
Also, I may be wrong but I think I learned that trumot and maasrot are taken from things grown from the ground, not in planters.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:36 pm
025383123 is an organization in Israel that deals with these halachos.
0504145772 is one of the rabbanim in that organization (according to my husband's memory of the numbers on his phone). These are both Hebrew speaking. My husband thinks there are at least 2 websites for this, too. If you prefer that, he said he should be able to find them for you.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:50 pm
My husband looked it up and found:
bhl.org.il
kosharot.co.il
toraland.org.il
As for what shabbatiscoming wrote, my dh said he's pretty sure you need to deal with it even with planters, but it might be just d'rabanan depending on the type of planter and produce.

zebra111

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 3:21 pm
Thankyou so much for this info!!!

Yes u need to deal with this even if its planters. Something really interesting I learned was that if it has holes in (ie drainage holes) it is actually counted as being connected to the adama, even if ur on the 67th floor up. It was interesting to hear how this affects the plant spiritually. (And as a side point, it affects its halachic status for eg muktze on shabbat too)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen