Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What made you feel pampered after giving birth?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

losingweight

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 12:42 am
lunch after the kids were all home and I was supposed to be "back to normal with a tiny two week old". Really gave me strength for the afternoon rush.

Shuly

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:16 am
Food - if not lunch, then muffins and an iced coffee

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:23 am
Definitely a cleaning lady, and meals organised for at least the first week or two. I just had my first and I had meals organised. It was a great help as I wasnt able to move much after.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:18 am
In home pedicure or massage
Nice smelling body lotion
Cozy, comfy zip up or bathrobe
Ugg slippers

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:54 am
I really appreciated when my friend came over and surprised me with muffins and iced coffee!

ETA: my sister in law surprised me by ordering ugg slippers to my house.

I remember when a family member gave birth to her twins, her friends hired a masseuse to come to her house

simba

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:03 am
A really practical and good quality water bottle that she can keep next to her while nursing.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:22 am
Definitely prepared food. Dinner the first few weeks, and then a coworker made shabbos for me the week I came back to work.

Also my mom came and washed my dishes and cleaned up my house every few days at the beginning

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:26 am
Loved when my sil brought me a danish and ice cream shake and fruit to hospital

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:18 am
For my daughters in law:

Nursing night gown & flowers with balloons
If they live close by cooked food for hospital & then for home .
If they live a plane ride away I order a complete grocery shop with ready made foods, frozen pizzas etc to be delivered. I did that after a miscarriage as well .

summer0808

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:01 am
definitely hot food both in the hospital and later when I'm home. Even a few weeks later you are still postpartum even though you are running a full house.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:05 am
So this isn’t so much pampered as practical. When I came home from the hospital with my first my friend sent me a package with many pharmacy items. It had a big baby bathtub filled with things including a baby nail clipper, bottle, pacifier, package pampers and wipes, a pacifier clip, baby lotion and shampoo....
Being that it was my first I didn’t have all of these essentials in my house and this was so thoughtful and handy.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:14 am
Someone bought me a new snood - it was so nice! (Although I looked terrible in the color and I never wear it!)

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:36 am
Every morning before dh went to work, he made me a bagel and tuna and a huge iced decaf. In marriage and postpartum it's really the little things.

mommish613

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:40 am
New robe, slippers and pjs. Made me feel so human after giving birth.

SIL sent me food to the hospital- including delicious hot soup in a thermos. Will
Never forget that!!

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:42 am
Going away to a kimpeturin home, made me feel very pampered and grateful and let me live in a bubble for as long as I was there.
Other than that, definitely the lunches that I got when my baby was 2 weeks old. It makes such a difference if you take the time to wrap that roll in cellophane bag and tie it with a ribbon and put in a pretty napkin and so on. It does take the extra effort but fro me as a kimpeturin it made the world of a difference.
so nice of you op, lot's of hatzlocha that your offerings should be accepted with the same feelings like youre giving it.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:45 am
P.S. I think that in terms of my friends, what made me feel most pampered was being ASKED what I need by someone who then did it. Dd2 was born just a few days before Purim and someone called to ask if I wanted a purim seuda delivered, and what I was craving. She made exactly what I wanted to eat and I still remember it as one of the best meals of my life! She is not a particularly close friend but I will never forget that.

What made me feel least pamperedfor the record, was people who didn't ask and decided that what I needed in life was more cake. There was one occasion when I literally started crying bc my kitchen was so full of things we didn't need and don't eat.

A good friend came and took it all away. That made me feel pampered too.

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:48 am
I had a baby two weeks before pesach so after the two weeks of meals that most of us for each otehr, my rebbetzin organized another two weeks so I didnt have to make yomtov. That was just the most amazingly kind thing.

Other small things were buying myself new lounge ware like leggings and a hoodie for after the birth, my dad came to visit the next morning and picked up a really good breakfast to bring me which was so nice.

vet techy

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:52 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
So this isn’t so much pampered as practical. When I came home from the hospital with my first my friend sent me a package with many pharmacy items. It had a big baby bathtub filled with things including a baby nail clipper, bottle, pacifier, package pampers and wipes, a pacifier clip, baby lotion and shampoo....
Being that it was my first I didn’t have all of these essentials in my house and this was so thoughtful and handy.

I did that for my friend. I had her keys to her apartment and I put it next to the crib so when she came home she would see it.
She still talks about it 29 yrs later.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 11:46 am
vet techy wrote:
I did that for my friend. I had her keys to her apartment and I put it next to the crib so when she came home she would see it.
She still talks about it 29 yrs later.

Maybe it’s not the right place to state this, but....... no one should ever go into my apt without my permission!!
Back to the thread, that’s really nice of your friend:)

gamanit

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 11:57 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Maybe it’s not the right place to state this, but....... no one should ever go into my apt without my permission!!
Back to the thread, that’s really nice of your friend:)

Maybe she entered on another pretext or checked with this friend's husband.

My friends asked me in middle of my August wedding if I would want them to go to my apartment to turn the AC on so it should be nice and cool when I walked in. That was extremely thoughtful. They surprised me by also preparing a candy/chocolate/nuts platter on my kitchen table with a bottle of seltzer and cups. I still smile at the memory.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics