Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
What did you do to personalize your wedding?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:53 am
We had a violin player from Carnegie Hall playing Sunrise Sunset as we went to the chuppah. It was a dream of mine since I was a little girl. DH surprised me.

We say together at the dias, but had separate seating and dancing.

He wouldn't let me play Another One Bites the Dust during the dancing. DD wants fireworks at her wedding which I had wanted also. DH nixed that plan also.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:57 am
Honestly I had no such concept. Neither of our families could afford to splurge beyond the basic wedding package.

ETA that sounds sweet, though. We love playing the music for Sunrise Sunset on the piano....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:05 am
Chayalle wrote:
Honestly I had no such concept. Neither of our families could afford to splurge beyond the basic wedding package.

ETA that sounds sweet, though. We love playing the music for Sunrise Sunset on the piano....

DH was friends with the musician. It was our wedding present.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:16 am
-My brother sang the entire chuppa. Was GORGEOUS and so personal!
-My husband basically arranged the band. After our wedding, they all got together, and now they are a famous, popular wedding band!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:28 am
Well I chose everything (the hall, invitations, flowers, menu, etc) other than that, if you’re asking how it felt authentic to me? I took off my veil after the chuppah (my preference), gave my husband a wedding ring in the yichud room, we gave good friends kibudim (in lieu of a wedding party) Oh, and I kept my name which felt most authentic to me!

Beingreal

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:48 am
My dh and I sat and made our own music list to play at the wedding. Music is part of both our lives and we didn't want it to be rocky or loud. It was oldies. My brother and cousins sang under the chuppah which was gorgeous!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:54 am
I chose an interesting song to walk down to, which wasn't typical. No one else really knew why I chose it, but it had great significance to me.

My husband surprised me by doing a coordinated dance with his friend when I went in for keitzad merakdim. It was sweet. It took some effort on his part, since he's not a dancer.

My sisters created a t-shirt that had a bunch of our family jokes on it, and came out wearing it as shtick. For other people, this is standard, but I totally didn't expect it. It was quite funny, since we have some really wacky jokes Smile

My husband and I said that we sat at the kids' table- there were 2 kids there.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:55 am
I wore a very simple gown that I loved! Now I look at other weddings and im like oh, all the kallahs looks so beautiful whether or not their gowns are full of lace or embroidery or sequins/rhinestones. But back then, it was important to me...

I chose a song that was very meaningful to me to walk down instead of the traditional choices. So my wedding was pretty typical, but it was those small things that made me that it was mine.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:00 am
My mother planned everything. Our job was to show up. We didn’t request anything special/ personal. It never occurred to me. I was just happy to be getting married and knew whatever my mother arranged would be beautiful.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:22 pm
I married someone no-one had ever married before! LOL

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:35 pm
I got married in a friend’s backyard and she did my makeup lol.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:37 pm
I walked down to a tune that my husband composed for me. And my brothers in law sang together at the chuppah
Anon so not recognized. Unique combination

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:53 pm
I showed up. And my husband showed up. And we got married.
About as personal as it could be.

zohar

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 5:58 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
I showed up. And my husband showed up. And we got married.
About as personal as it could be.

Same.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:23 pm
Got married in Israel, right at the kotel. My family members literally held up the poles of my chupa. It was the wedding I had always wanted. Small (hated the idea of having people at your wedding you barely know, because a parent "had to" invite them) at the kotel, my best friend did my makeup, and stayed in israel throughout sheva brachot. Although my ultimate wish is to live there, im bh so lucky to have gotten married there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days