Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to lose weight and keep it off.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 1:15 pm
andrea levy wrote:
If it works and feels good for you then you should do what works. That said if you’re worried about insulin resistance then you should be mindful of the fact that carbs are the macronutrients most likely to cause it, even in whole food form .

That's what I thought Sad
So, what's your advice?

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 5:10 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
That's what I thought Sad
So, what's your advice?

My advice would be to start learning. Lots of good references: ben Bikman ‘why we get sick’ is about insulin specifically and as well the obesity code and diabetes code by dr. Jason Fung are good places to get started. Feel free to ask if you need help.

These guys are also on you tube of you prefer video.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:58 pm
In further news, my Doctor from the Toronto metabolic clinic told me today that my HOMA-IR IS 1.6. She said, “Congratulations! You’re insulin sensitive again!!!!”

Blew my mind. I could still go lower but this is more exciting than getting under 200 lb will be. lol!

Imax5

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 7:09 am
andrea levy wrote:
In further news, my Doctor from the Toronto metabolic clinic told me today that my HOMA-IR IS 1.6. She said, “Congratulations! You’re insulin sensitive again!!!!”

Blew my mind. I could still go lower but this is more exciting than getting under 200 lb will be. lol!

What does that mean?

And from a practical perspective, does that change anything about how you go about your daily life? If insulin resistance was causing some of your eating challenges, would “curing” it mean you could eat a wider range of foods without issues, or do you think the “trigger” effect is more psychological than physical?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 9:46 am
Imax5 wrote:
What does that mean?

And from a practical perspective, does that change anything about how you go about your daily life? If insulin resistance was causing some of your eating challenges, would “curing” it mean you could eat a wider range of foods without issues, or do you think the “trigger” effect is more psychological than physical?

It means that what I’m doing is working. My body is healing. I still have a way to go. Next goal might be getting the HOMA -IR under 1.0 which would be even more ideal, but considering that insulin resistance is the most basic cause of metabolic disorder, it means that I have significantly lowered my risk in going from pre diabetic with diabetic eye damage to not classed as insulin resistant anymore.

What does this look like? Well, it looks like my journey over the past four years continues. I don’t plan to change how I eat, ever. Because do you know what that would do? Set me off on a path to creating insulin resistance again. I’d be an out of control maniac with food again.

I finished my paper in weight maintenance after weightloss and if it made anything clear, it’s that consistency and a long term commitment to a way of life is the commonality among maintainers. As well as working out what works for them and then continuing to do it. Clearly I know what works for me. Have avoided triggering the adaptations that typically result from dieting and an in amazing health. Changing what I do in any drastic way could be destabilizing and at this point is not being encouraged by my medical people.

There’s nothing that tastes as good as I feel and reducing the risks I’ve reduced. Period.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 9:47 am
I’d anyone wants to read the paper, it’s not journal worthy and I think I made it fairly understandable. When I get it back, I’ll be happy to share.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 10:59 am
andrea levy wrote:

Wow!!! That is really good news, I am so happy for you!! There is nothing like feeling that you are being responsible and taking care of your health! To many more healthy and happy years together with your loved ones!!

On another note, How would I test for that?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Wow!!! That is really good news, I am so happy for you!! There is nothing like feeling that you are being responsible and taking care of your health! To many more healthy and happy years together with your loved ones!!

On another note, How would I test for that?

I think what she used was fasting glucose and baseline insulin. My blood glucose hasn’t lowered greatly ( typically around 4.9 ) but my baseline
Insulin was cut in half somehow in the past three months!

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 3:01 pm
Andrea- is rice included in the No Grain rule?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, May 29 2021, 11:07 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Andrea- is rice included in the No Grain rule?

Sorry! I just saw this. Rice is a grain!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 9:06 pm
NSV- My BMI USED TO BE 59. Now, it’s 38. BMI is not a perfect to measure adiposity but as a fat white woman, it probably is…

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:22 pm
New before/after pics. About 110 pounds and 4 years between.
https://I.imgur.com/M97pZJt.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/R9sTri2.jpg

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:33 pm
Always beautiful, before and after!

Love love your pretty polka dot dress, always had a thing for polka dresses.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Always beautiful, before and after!

Love love your pretty polka dot dress, always had a thing for polka dresses.

Thank you! I love the dress and I felt so cute when we took the pics. Funny though because I was wearing doc Marten boots. I realized I had no shoes that were nice and not heels! Now that shoe stores are open I’ll have to find some!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:45 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Thank you! I love the dress and I felt so cute when we took the pics. Funny though because I was wearing doc Marten boots. I realized I had no shoes that were nice and not heels! Now that shoe stores are open I’ll have to find some!

You nailed the look really well, but do treat yourself to new shoes either way Smile

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:47 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
You nailed the look really well, but do treat yourself to new shoes either way Smile

I used to have this really cute pair of sandals with metal studs. I can’t figure out what I’m earth I did with them.

I have keen sandals and merell walking shoes but they definitely would not have looked right lol.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 8:40 am
Received my diploma today. I worked hard for this and I am grateful to have had the opportunity. This represents a massive NSV.

Prior to last September, the last grade I had received in a science based course was a D+ in my undergrad. I have a BA in English Literature which I admit to not working so hard on over thirty years ago.

My journey of the past four years taught me that I can do hard things. This programme is the hardest academic work I’ve ever done. It was like drinking from a fire hose for 9 months.

Cumulative average 95% and boy, did I learn a LOT

!
I guess that makes me a nutritionist!

https://I.imgur.com/WQJPzNe.jpg

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 9:52 am
Congratulations!

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:39 am
Wow Wow Wow! Congratulations!!!! May you use it to help many people achieve health and wellness!!!

elisheva25

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:46 am
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉Congrats !!!!!
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise