Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Loan Gemachim or Chessed Funds?
1  2  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 8:21 am
Desperately in need of loan gemach or chessed fund! My rent is almost 3 months late, and I am on the verge of eviction. I am disabled, and Bituach Leumi decided to cancel all of my benefits pending review, leaving me with no income at all. I am hoping that once I get approved again, they will give me back payments so I can repay a loan. I don't have a shul rabbi, so I really don't know where else to ask.

I've tried The IAJFL, Chaim v'Chessed and Lema'an Achai, Or H'Nefesh, The Chessed Fund, Mekimi, Bayit Cham, and Ogen.org.

Is there any resource I'm overlooking? Can I hire someone to collect money for me? If so, how do I find these people? (for a percentage, I know.)

So, how late on rent do I have to be before I get evicted? What are my rights? I really don't know where else to turn or what to do next, and my landlady is not the most compassionate person in the world. Can she change the locks and make me live on the street? Where would I go?

This is super embarrassing for me, but if anyone has any ideas for me at all, I would really appreciate it. (B'H I have plenty of (donated) food in the freezer, but my landlady doesn't take food in exchange for cash.)

My rent is 4,000 shekels a month. That is the very cheapest rent I could find in this neighborhood, and I keep looking for something more affordable.

Even if I did find something cheaper, I don't have any money for first/last/deposit and a moving van - so I'm stuck either way.

I feel like such a nebach. It's extremely depressing and demoralizing. I don't mind just getting by, and I have very frugal living standards. Right now, I'm worried about a roof over my head. I haven't been this poor in a very long time.
===================================

I'm still not having any luck. All the organizations I contacted want either 2 cosigners, or they just do debt reconstruction. Neither of those are helpful for me. I don't know anyone who is in a financial position to cosign, and I certainly don't know 2 of them. All of my friends are as broke as I am, and just getting by.

I've contacted a few rabbis who have chessed funds, but they will only lend to people who are dues paying shul members. I am usually too sick to even make it to shul on a good day, never mind have a kesher with a certain community.

I'm also spamming Facebook, and annoying everyone I know. I know Hashem will provide, but I need to keep doing my part to figure out how to get out of this mess. I can't give up.

Any other bright ideas? I'm running out of options, and I'm afraid I'm running out of time. Sad

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:47 am
If you have a PayPal account I would love to donate what I can.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:01 am
According to this article, eviction takes a while, although I've no clue how long, or if the law has changed.

https://www.haaretz.com/1.5413578

Hoping things turn around for you.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:05 am
FF I'm so sorry for what you are going through.
Unfortunately I understand how you feel.
I'll be following this thread to see if any advice comes up.
I hope that someone can help you.
I'd love to be able to find someone that takes a percentage and will collect for us.
I think that you are so amazing for asking so openly for what you need rather than being a coward (like me) and hiding behind your screen name.
I wish you loads of hatzlocha and brochoh.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:24 am
Oy how understand and feel this very pain.

I keep asking, there are so many chesed organizations today's day, but where is the help when a family is going through a major crisis financially????? There's NO ONE out there to help out!!!!!!!
Our family too is Really struggling and live in cramped quarters and nobody there to help.
Call me
I also reached out for help. I wrote a letter with all details and called wealthy people personally. Unfortunately organizations claim they're loaded with cases and don't have the means to help. Help Shame on you

Ma'ayin Yovo Ezri What
Ezri Mayim Hashem Hooray

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:51 am
Maybe start a GoFundMe?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:56 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Maybe start a GoFundMe?

Have you ever tried one? Unfortunately I have. I have tried both chesed fund and go fund me.
I had the chesed one verified too plus paid money to put it on social media.
Unfortunately it didn't bring in much money.
I personally think that paying someone else to collect for you is the best way but where to find that someone is the million dollar question!!

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:58 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Have you ever tried one? Unfortunately I have. I have tried both chesed fund and go fund me.
I had the chesed one verified too plus paid money to put it on social media.
Unfortunately it didn't bring in much money.
I personally think that paying someone else to collect for you is the best way but where to find that someone is the million dollar question!!

I haven't tried one, but I have friends who have, with relatively decent success. It's worth a try, no?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:56 pm
My paypal account is YochevedDesigns@gmail.com

May we all have a yeshua and a neis soon!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:05 pm
Is there any way to send paypal anonymously? I'm very protective of my identity.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:07 pm
I am sure many here would be happy to donate.
I've read your posts for many years, and almost feel like I know you. However, you probably have more of a chance if you open some sort of account where people can see your real name and picture.
It would feel less risky (to me, at least), then donating to someone who is a made-up name on a board.
I don't know if you want to expose your identity like that, of course.
In any case, I tried clicking on your link and it just opens up a bunch of windows for me. Not sure how to proceed from there.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:08 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Is there any way to send paypal anonymously? I'm very protective of my identity.

This also. I would be happy to donate a small sum, but would like to do so anonymously.

Yummymummy3

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:14 pm
Can you open a free GoFundMe page just so that people on here could anonymously donate?

Yummymummy3

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:16 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I am sure many here would be happy to donate.
I've read your posts for many years, and almost feel like I know you. However, you probably have more of a chance if you open some sort of account where people can see your real name and picture.
It would feel less risky (to me, at least), then donating to someone who is a made-up name on a board.
I don't know if you want to expose your identity like that, of course.
In any case, I tried clicking on your link and it just opens up a bunch of windows for me. Not sure how to proceed from there.

It's not a link. You copy the email address and then paste it into your own PayPal account to donate to her.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:16 pm
Is there a reason you need to stay in that neighborhood?

I know moving and deposits cost money, but in the long term future you might want to think about moving to a cheaper city.

(Beit Shemesh is not an expensive city, but it's not one of the cheapest either).

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 7:17 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Is there a reason you need to stay in that neighborhood?

I know moving and deposits cost money, but in the long term future you might want to think about moving to a cheaper city.

(Beit Shemesh is not an expensive city, but it's not one of the cheapest either).

I have been looking around, and I'm not ruling anything out. Once I get my Bituach Leumi reapproved, I may qualify to live in an assisted living building, so I'd be moving there. Rent would be much cheaper, even though the units there are very small. I'd have to get rid of at least half of my furniture.

If anyone wants to see me personally, I'm Yocheved Chana on Facebook.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 4:11 am
Ugh. My landlady just called. B'H my caseworker was here with me, so she spoke to the landlady and explained everything.

The landlady told her to pack me up and get me out of the house, because she is going to start showing it to other tenants.

Stuff just got real, yo. Sad

yerushamama

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 5:14 am
I am so sorry that you are going through this, and wish there was a way that I could help.

Is she allowed to do that? I was under the impression that it is quite difficult to evict a tenant. What does your caseworker have to say about it? Do you have anyone that you would be able to stay with temporarily?

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 5:34 am
what about the kupa in rbsa?
https://www.rbstzedaka.com/

2gether

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 5:48 am
You can try kupat hair, yad ezra veshulamit, vaad harabbanim, any beit shemesh funds, and local rabbis who even if they don't know you personally have some responsiability for their area

Also try to have someone expedite your bituach leumi review, maybe shammai shaziri or degel hatorah

Maybe you don't have the means to move, but maybe someone would be willing to volenteer to help you as opposed to helping with cash

And don't get your hopes up about diur, I heard its hard to get with a long waiting list (like years)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics