Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How much time out of camp/school after tonsils removed

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:17 pm
My 3 year old son got his tonsils and adnoids out.. wondering how long others kept home after the surgery..

unexpected

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:18 pm
1 week

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:26 pm
Was it shaved or fully removed?
They shaved my sons and he was back in action next day. (Adenoids kept him home a week - it was so weird)

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 12:33 pm
It really depends on the kid.
Mine had tonsils & adenoids removed at the same time. He stayed in the hospital overnight. The day of discharge he was practically back to himself. I think I it was a Thursday and by Monday he went back to school. He bounced back so quickly. He was almost 4 at the time.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:08 pm
DD had major tonsil and adenoid surgery. The ENT said hers was one of the worst cases he's seen in over 30 years.

We came home from the hospital an hour after surgery, and she went straight to bed. The next day she was begging to go outside and play. The doctor said that she had to rest for 36 hours, and I had to practically sit on her to keep her in the house.

B'H for Disney videos, it was the only way I could make her get any rest at all.

Oh, and she refused to take the pain meds the hospital gave us. She said "it's jut a little scratchy".

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:09 pm
My son was out for two weeks and even then he wasn’t himself. It took over a month for him to get back to himself.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:11 pm
My ds had tonsils and adenoids removed at age 5. I kept him home until he was able to eat everything. I didn't feel it was fair to make the teacher watch everything he eats. He bh needed most of the time to get over the discomfort.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children