Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Water park trip, safety tips pls?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:41 pm
My dd's camp has a late night trip planned to a water park. She is young and not a good swimmer yet.
I'm nervous letting her go, but she is super excited and I don't want to make her miss out unnecessarily.
Of course her safety is more important than fun, I know that so let's not guilt trip pls! I'm looking for ideas / tips that can help ensure her (and everyone's) safety.

I do plan on contacting the camp to ask them if they will have additional staff and how they plan on ensuring the safety of all campers.... wondering if anyone has any ideas to add / anything I should insist on?

Thanks!

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:50 pm
I hope this trip is next week, and not now during the 9 days.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:53 pm
Is this day camp? If so, I would volunteer to chaperone the way parents help chaperone many school trips.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:57 pm
Have a discussion with her not to go anywhere alone and to listen carefully to instructions

flmommy

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:59 pm
If she isn’t a great swimmer can she wear a life vest the whole time? I would also make her counselors and the director aware of the fact that she isn’t a strong swimmer yet. I would also do swim lessons if you haven’t already for the future!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:31 pm
Maybe have her wear a puddle jumper.
Tell her not to go anywhere by herself and not to go into a pool if there's no lifeguard. Also, no running, just walking.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 07 2019, 8:05 am
Since the unfortunate story, many camps have been paying for a hatzolah or EMS crew to come along with them on their trips. Maybe find out if yours is planning to do so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics