Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
When new cleaner fails to do something ... ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:19 pm
Wondering what people do when weekly cleaner omits a task. Do you call or text them afterward? Raise the issue next time she comes? I have a new cleaner and I'm not sure what the best approach is.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:21 pm
Don't call or text. Let her know next time that it's a priority for you. She may not have had time to finish everything and didn't know what matters most to you.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:25 pm
I type up and print out a cleaning schedule and tell my lady that she can use it if she wants, and she's not bound by it. But everything has to get done.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:30 pm
Definitely raise the issue next time. Don't call or text. There is a learning curve, after all. Cleaning is such a personal, individual thing.

Marigold

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:35 pm
The next time she comes, I’ll first praise her for what she has done and then add that this particular task is important to me and she should pls make sure to do it.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:51 pm
Did you specifically ask her to do something or just assume it would be done as a part of the normal process.

I wouldn't call or text but I would bring it up when she comes again. In my experience, working with a cleaner is a process in terms of what you consider to be normal to be done every cleaning period.

I generally tell her when she comes if there is something in particular that needs attention.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:53 pm
I use a service. If they don't do something that I think they should have, I just text the owner "Could you please make sure you _______ next time. Thanks."

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 3:30 pm
OP here: Extremely helpful responses. Many thanks to all.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 5:52 pm
I go over the house before my cleaning lady leaves to make sure she did everything I asked her to. If she didn't, I ask her then to please do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry