Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Please take a minute to sign online!!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 4:36 pm
Please take a minute TODAY to sign online against NYS Equivalency Guidelines that would put our yeshivas at major risk of shutting down.. Time is running out...
Click on the link below- it takes 1 minute. Please forward to friends and family..they need lots more signatures..

https://voice.yeshivosbychoice.....rText

Thank you

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 5:15 pm
Done!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 5:57 pm
I will sign this petition after you sign a petition against the repeal of the religious exemption which doesn't allow my yeshiva to accept my boys (who got the MMR back in October) for next year. Enforced by the same DOE.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 7:17 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I will sign this petition after you sign a petition against the repeal of the religious exemption which doesn't allow my yeshiva to accept my boys (who got the MMR back in October) for next year. Enforced by the same DOE.

If they are vaccinated, why does the repeal of the religious exemption affect them?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 7:58 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Same

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 8:01 pm
imasoftov wrote:
If they are vaccinated, why does the repeal of the religious exemption affect them?

Children need most vaccines on the cdc schedule
Dtap-polio- mmr- varicella- hep b - and for kids under 5 in addition to the above HIb, prevnar,flu and babies in day care rotavirus too

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 8:42 pm
imasoftov wrote:

Because that's all they got.

Apparently Hep B (an STD) is a major concern in my boys' yeshiva and so is diptheria [/sarcasm], so they're not allowed to come back until they get those vaccines.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:20 pm
My kids couldn't even go to day camp with an mmr

cbsp

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:21 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Apparently Hep B (an STD) is a major concern in my boys' yeshiva and so is diptheria [/sarcasm], so they're not allowed to come back until they get those vaccines.

Ah, so you didn't quite write the full story.

Hep B is not exclusively an STD.

Don't think we want a diphtheria breakout either.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:25 pm
Quote:
so is diptheria

As far as I know diptheria is not a vaccine. If they don't have that one that means they're not vaccinated against whooping cough or tetanus - both extremely important ones to have

In any case not sure what one thing has to do with the other. Your kids wouldn't be allowed in public school either, this has nothing to do with the Jewish schools, and makes no sense to take it out on them

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:31 pm
You're pretty close-minded if you don't see the central theme of state control of children here. I will defend your right as a parent to choose when you defend mine.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:46 pm
I'm actually not happy with state mandated vaccines, I do think it takes away from parents right. However I think it was what had to be done to combat the issue at the time - and ba"h it seems to be working.
But two wrongs don't make a right. Your argument makes no sense in context. It's not like by not signing this petition the vaccine mandarins will then change too
Your happy to see yeshivos be closed down? So because your kids can't go to school noone should be allowed to go to school? Can't Believe It

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 9:51 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

So get them vaccinated.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 10:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please take a minute TODAY to sign online against NYS Equivalency Guidelines that would put our yeshivas at major risk of shutting down.. Time is running out...
Click on the link below- it takes 1 minute. Please forward to friends and family..they need lots more signatures..

https://voice.yeshivosbychoice.....rText

Thank you

I signed. This is an important petition

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 10:24 pm
Why is it that the Regents exams are too tough and the standard must be lowered to allow public school students to pass, but the Jewish schools, of which most students graduate with Regents grades above the state average, must raise their standards?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 10:59 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I'm actually not happy with state mandated vaccines, I do think it takes away from parents right. However I think it was what had to be done to combat the issue at the time - and ba"h it seems to be working.
But two wrongs don't make a right. Your argument makes no sense in context. It's not like by not signing this petition the vaccine mandarins will then change too
Your happy to see yeshivos be closed down? So because your kids can't go to school noone should be allowed to go to school? Can't Believe It

I'm happy you agree that state mandated vaccines are not ok, but most people don't care and won't fight it until it doesn't hit them in the face (lest they are ch"v associated with anti-vaxxers). State mandated education is hitting more people in the face, and it's the same underlying issue. Government overreach. Fight it consistently or don't fight it at all.

(To combat the issue at the time, mandating MMR would have been sufficient.)

unexpected

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 11:15 pm
I already signed with pearls. Can I sign again?

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 11 2019, 11:57 pm
I have 0 children in the yeshiva system this year, thanks to the rescindance of the Religious Exemption for vaccines. Although I am in an awful situation, I would still like to help other parents not go through the terrible situation threatened by the DOE. I tried to sign the petition, but it would not allow my signature to go through because I unfortanately had to put the number 0 into the space asking how many children I have in the yeshiva system. This is clearly only for yeshiva parents, so I'm sad to be counted out.

cbsp

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:01 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I have 0 children in the yeshiva system this year, thanks to the rescindance of the Religious Exemption for vaccines. Although I am in an awful situation, I would still like to help other parents not go through the terrible situation threatened by the DOE. I tried to sign the petition, but it would not allow my signature to go through because I unfortanately had to put the number 0 into the space asking how many children I have in the yeshiva system. This is clearly only for yeshiva parents, so I'm sad to be counted out.

You can sign as a yeshiva graduate.

amother
White

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 12:05 am
cbsp wrote:
You can sign as a yeshiva graduate.

Thanks. I will try this. I still wish people here would be more sympathetic to my plight, as I am to theirs. I'm feeling pretty awful that its motzei Tishav B'Av, and some posters here are responding as they are.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics