Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Activity for 20 month old

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:07 am
Hi fellow Imas in Israel
I am looking for ideas what to do with my toddler. I live in Jerusalem, not a great traveler.

-Would go to a farm. Any recommendation on a farm that's visitor friendly, kid friendly and not too far?

-Beach. Not so lond ago it was Jellyfish season, how do I find out if they still around?

Any other ideas would be a great help!

Thank you all

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:13 am
Bump

Teomima

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Beach. Not so lond ago it was Jellyfish season, how do I find out if they still around?

Try https://www.meduzot.co.il/ There's a whole app and Facebook group, with people updating about jellyfish sightings.

As for a farm, I don't have any specific recommendations. For seeing the food grown on farms try one of the u-pick places (there's a bunch in the gush so it's close to Jerusalem). I don't know what they have that's currently in season (we went berry and cherry picking in June, it was a blast...and delicious!) but you can search online. I've taken kids of that age and they've had fun. For farm animals, my preference is an oldie but goodie: the zoo. The petting corner has goats, sheep, and chickens that kids can touch, plus ponies and llamas, if I recall correctly. There's also the bird feeding station where kids can interact with the lories. The zoo in general is amazing for kids.

Other fun things for that age in Jerusalem (though, like the zoo perhaps, these may be activities you already know about) are the water feature at Teddy Park, all the really cool random playgrounds in various neighborhoods, the indoor gymborees at Hadar, Malcha, YesPlanet, First Station, etc., the Natural History Museum (in addition to the indoor museum itself, there's also the (free!) grounds where there's an outdoor play kitchen, a plant nursery, a koi pond, a vegetable garden, and more), the aquarium, and more.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 5:00 am
The great thing about 20 month old kids, is that they're generally happy playing with a cardboard box and a couple pairs of socks.

I miss that age, when kids are easily amused. Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:43 am
Thank you all.
FF: the problem is that as quick as he is to get amused, that's how fast he gets bored .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions