Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Unemployment

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:08 pm
Is there an agency in brooklyn like UJO that could help me through the process with my claim

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:26 pm
Are you having trouble navigating the NYC website?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:30 pm
No. I havesome technical questions I need help with. I already filed my claim and see they are including income from a job prior to my last when calculating my weekly benefit. I want to make sure my prior employer will not be affected in any way

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:35 pm
Try your local community council like BPJCC

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No. I havesome technical questions I need help with. I already filed my claim and see they are including income from a job prior to my last when calculating my weekly benefit. I want to make sure my prior employer will not be affected in any way

AIUI, if you had more than one employer during your base period, both will be affected by your claim for unemployment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:55 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
AIUI, if you had more than one employer during your base period, both will be affected by your claim for unemployment.

Awwwww! Are you sure about that? Ifthats the case how could I cancel that and revert the damage? I cannot have it affect my old employer

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 2:58 pm
Saddlebrown, any idea how to get through to a live rep with the dept of labor? No matter how many times I tried im not getting out of the recording!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Awwwww! Are you sure about that? Ifthats the case how could I cancel that and revert the damage? I cannot have it affect my old employer

No, I'm not sure. But that's what I've heard.

See, eg, https://www.501ctrust.org/what.....aims/

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 3:19 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/g.....yment

egam

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:24 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

How they will be affected? While amount of unemployment benefits calculated based on both salaries, the actual money are not coming from the employers. State pays those benefits from the unemployment insurance tax fund, that your employers hopefully paid into while you were employed by them.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There's hardly a blip to your old employer's state insurance fund payments when a claim is made. There's no need to feel bad about claiming. I've seen employer payments due before a claim and after and there isn't much of a difference.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 4:43 pm
egam wrote:
How they will be affected? While amount of unemployment benefits calculated based on both salaries, the actual money are not coming from the employers. State pays those benefits from the unemployment insurance tax fund, that your employers hopefully paid into while you were employed by them.

While that's true, the amount that your employer pays in to the state is dependent, in some part, on the number of claims made against it, so an employer's rate can go up if there are claims made. Up enough to make a difference? Probably not, particularly to a larger employer.

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 12 2019, 7:42 pm
I was fired a number of times, and my employers could've claimed that it was "for cause"--and I was nervous that I wouldn't get it, but I was able to claim unemployment without a problem.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh my! I didn't even hear from my prior boss but my boss who sent me from one minute to the next had the chutzpah to reach out to me why Im claiming. Like really now- he sent me without moments notice!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh my! I didn't even hear from my prior boss but my boss who sent me from one minute to the next had the chutzpah to reach out to me why Im claiming. Like really now- he sent me without moments notice!

You don't have to communicate with him if you don't want to. He doesn't get to decide if you can make a claim or not. He's welcome to contest it and you're welcome to appeal.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wow that’s not nice! When my boss send me from one minute to the next HE was the one to tell me I can ahead and claim unemployment

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:57 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Wow that’s not nice! When my boss send me from one minute to the next HE was the one to tell me I can ahead and claim unemployment

Boy Im super annoyed with him. Not like I wasnt performing. I built up their business a lot. Then from one day to the next he told me part time not interesting for him. How about my income I lost from one day to the next!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics