Home

Social Work Online Help

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:05 pm
Hi,

I would love to go into the field of social work/counseling. I'm interested in taking an online program. I am most concerned about how to afford the program. Does anyone have any experience with an affordable online program or any other advice? Please let me know. Thank you!


Anonymous because I have recently discussed this IRL with ppl.
Back to top

pesek zman




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:19 pm
How does that work with the fieldwork?
Back to top

amother




Wheat


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:22 pm
Do you have a BA?
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:42 pm
Do you know what you're getting into? Getting a job is hard. Average starting salary is 40k and it doesn't get much better than that unfortunately.
Back to top

amother




Blonde


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 5:42 pm
Just as an FYI… the education as well as the career of a social worker isn’t so Uber kosher, just as an FYI
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:06 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Just as an FYI… the education as well as the career of a social worker isn’t so Uber kosher, just as an FYI

What's not kosher about the SW career?
Back to top

amother




Blonde


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:08 pm
chestnut wrote:
What's not kosher about the SW career?


There’s a lot of not kosher topics such as gender/identity/attraction etc

There’s also a lot of policy based areas - it’s not just therapy
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:15 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
There’s a lot of not kosher topics such as gender/identity/attraction etc

There’s also a lot of policy based areas - it’s not just therapy

It's called "life" where others might be doing things you don't consider right. You're a trained professional, not their friend or parent.
What's policy based areas?
Back to top

cnc




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:16 pm
Fieldwork is not done online
Back to top

amother




Blonde


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 6:52 pm
chestnut wrote:
It's called "life" where others might be doing things you don't consider right. You're a trained professional, not their friend or parent.
What's policy based areas?


Some people have a harder time training as a professional where you will encounter those areas - people don’t realize that you need to be completely aware of your biases and how that impacts your training and profession.



In my program I had equal amount of classes where I learnt Counseling as courses dedicated to politics and government and related policies
Back to top

gande




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 7:17 pm
I believe the yiep through Bellevue university has an online clinical counseling degree.
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 7:44 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Some people have a harder time training as a professional where you will encounter those areas - people don’t realize that you need to be completely aware of your biases and how that impacts your training and profession.



In my program I had equal amount of classes where I learnt Counseling as courses dedicated to politics and government and related policies

I'd imagine someone who isn't fresh out of seminary/HS and is thinking of going for SW is aware of what Social Workers do and face.
We you on the administration track?
Back to top

amother




Blonde


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 7:52 pm
chestnut wrote:
I'd imagine someone who isn't fresh out of seminary/HS and is thinking of going for SW is aware of what Social Workers do and face.
We you on the administration track?




And you would imagine incorrectly. Especially with “quick” programs.
No I was not - most schools are shifting to make sure that people are being fully taught.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 7:59 pm
Hi everyone- thank you for your feedback. I am well aware of what kind of topics I may face when training to go into this field. I would also like to go into this field because I am passionate about helping people and believe I have a knack for it based on my other career experiences, not because it is necessarily the most lucrative job. I am more concerned about affording a program and am wondering if anyone has advice regarding that aspect.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Mon, Aug 12 2019, 8:00 pm
gande- do you know more about the Bellevue u program and how much it costs or any other details?
Back to top

amother




Red


Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:28 am
OP, you can check out the YIEP website for info about their programs http://theyiep.com/ . If you need more info, I know someone who's doing the counseling program there and may be able to help you.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Can you please help me with bottle feeding advice?!!
by amother
24 Today at 12:44 am View last post
Please respond and help me with my Chanuka game.
by amother
19 Today at 12:37 am View last post
Help me find a coffee mug!
by amother
80 Yesterday at 11:17 pm View last post
Yeshiva setting for child with behavioral and social issues 7 Yesterday at 6:05 pm View last post
Who can help me make heads or tails out of this NYS
by amother
107 Yesterday at 5:18 pm View last post

Jump to: