Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Found odd as a child but now....
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:45 am
I used to watch trashy chat shows as a kid (oh to be 10 years old and totally unsupervised!) and I never understood why people went nuts when someone else slept with their spouse. I thought they just got into bed and laid beside one another.

singleagain

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 10:51 am
I used to think grape juice was a shabbos only drink, to this day it is not but if a fight for me when I want to drink grape juice during the week.
Convo's go like so:

Me: but it's for Shabbat

Me: it's just juice

Me: for Kiddush

Me: but it's juice

Me: shabbos

Me: Juice

Etc

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 10:55 am
singleagain wrote:
I used to think grape juice was a shabbos only drink, to this day it is not but if a fight for me when I want to drink grape juice during the week.
Convo's go like so:

Me: but it's for Shabbat

Me: it's just juice

Me: for Kiddush

Me: but it's juice

Me: shabbos

Me: Juice

Etc
Rolling Laughter
That's adorable!

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 10:57 am
You remind me, as a child, I used to think alcohol was only for men to drink in tiny little cups.

OH how shocked I was to witness a woman drinking in a glass.. A full glass no less, of wine! I thought she would certainly die later that day..

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:20 pm
I used to think that we used kiddush for havdala because it makes the fire of the candle go out quicker than water. I also thought it's a pity the fire fighters didn't know it. Only the jews knew of this amazing thing

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:29 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I used to think that we used kiddush for havdala because it makes the fire of the candle go out quicker than water. I also thought it's a pity the fire fighters didn't know it. Only the jews knew of this amazing thing

LOL

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:04 pm
gamanit wrote:
As a kid I was totally confused as to why anyone would put emergency exits on the roof of the bus. I used to imagine kids climbing up on the seat backs to reach it. I only realized as an adult that they're intended for in case the bus rolls over.

Till today I thought thats whats theyre for!!

singleagain

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:41 pm
in Swan Princess when Derek is playing chess with his friend, the friend says "look Derek you've lost your queen" and Derek says "that's twice in one day" I always thought that meant it was their second game of chess that day. Not that the first time was when Odette rejected him
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics