Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Found odd as a child but now....
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

ectomorph

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:48 pm

Last edited by ectomorph on Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:54 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I wonder if that was the place my mom walked into. She sat down, and told the hair dresser (very cute gay boy) that she wanted a blow job.

This guy was trying SO hard to be professional, but she thought he was going to do himself some serious harm if he didn't let that laughter out.

Then he quietly explained to her what she just said, and she wanted to die. embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

It's OK. She laughed about it for years later, and it became a great joke at cocktail parties. Cheers

Something similar was written as an ad in a chasidish paper in Monsey. The ad was a sheitel macher looking for an assistant. It said.

Help Wanted:
Blow job available. Call: 845-555-5555.

My coworkers and I had a good laugh.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:28 pm
iluvdovi wrote:
Could be for teaching purposes. Like teaching Rabbanim how to paskin.

They're no good after a day or so, though, so I don't know if that makes sense either.

(Not actually done reading the thread, sorry if this was already brought up.)

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:31 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
They're no good after a day or so, though, so I don't know if that makes sense either.

(Not actually done reading the thread, sorry if this was already brought up.)

Why?
I don’t always bring in my shailos the day of. Sometimes days later.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:34 pm
My cousin didn't have chossen/kalla mitzva tantz.

I told my father that she is so weird and extreme.

He said I would understand when I'm older....

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:40 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
My cousin didn't have chossen/kalla mitzva tantz.

I told my father that she is so weird and extreme.

He said I would understand when I'm older....

Was it a chupas nidda or she married out of chassidus?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:40 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Was it a chupas nidda or she married out of chassidus?

The former.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 7:50 pm
In Mulan, Shan Yu says something about returning doll to a little girl. And I knew he was the bad guy, but I thought that was nice of him. And for years I didn't connect it with the fact that the village was slaughtered.

Similarly, in Anastasia, opening song, Rumor in St Petersburg. Dimitri and Vlad are singing about getting rich and out "and St Petersburg will have some more to talk about" again I thought they were so nice to care about their town... I also didn't realize they were planning a con. Bc I never properly heard the line "the biggest con in history"

esther11

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:07 pm
proudmomma wrote:
When I was 7 I learned that collision means a crash/smash. There was an auto repair shop called Apple Collision & I thought that it was an applesauce factory ☺

I also asked my morah at 7 how nonjews can deny God's existence. Didn't they hear Him blow the shofar every erev Shabbos?!

These are both so adorable!!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:19 pm
I was very very young, shopping in a store with my mother and I was amazed to see a packages of blank checks being sold. We weren't very poor, but I knew we could use the money so I excitingly brought the package over to my mother. I thought she'd be so proud of me for finding them - now she could pay for whatever she needs - she would have so many checks. When said she wasn't buying it I thought she was such a fool.

soap suds

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:13 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I was a child I was found to be odd...

Now I'm older, but the jury's still out. Wink Drunken Smile Silly LOL Tongue Out

LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:14 pm
I went to a backyard camp when I was younger like 9-10. I remember that one day the counselor didn't go swimming for like a week, we questioned it and her mother said "you'll find out why when you are older"

When I was three I went to a school with boys and girls. I couldn't understand why all the girls were turning into boys. I was so scared k would also. My mother finally explained to me that they were just getting hair cuts. Lol

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:23 pm
One of the magazines once had a page on this. One of the things they wrote was that a mother whos a shaitelmacher had her 11 year old son home sick for the day. He was sitting on the couch and he watched his mothers clients come and go. Later on she noticed her son looking very pale. She asked him if hes ok. He said "I finally realized what youre doing in there.". She said "what do you mean?". So he answered, "The first lady came in and said her head was cracked and you said its fine we can fix it. The next lady said she lost her head and you said its fine I have some more in the basement." LOL LOL LOL

When I was a young teenager I asked my parents why they had to put the baby down first instead of just passing it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:41 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
If that’s the case, he better have gotten permission from each and every woman for their underwear to be kept and used for this purpose. Otherwise, completely not okay, appropriate, or honest. (And he should keep them somewhere where his family wont come across it!!)

How do you think your posek learned? Answer: the rov under whom he did shimush saved cloths / garments he received.

Personally, I'm fine with my rov saving my cloths for instructional purposes (anonymously, of course). And if he does, I don't want him to have me consent.

It's kind of like how after an appendectomy the hospital gets to keep the appendix.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:42 pm
momsrus wrote:
I found my mothers bedika cloths and though it was meant to clean your glasses with

Me too!

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:05 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I was very very young, shopping in a store with my mother and I was amazed to see a packages of blank checks being sold. We weren't very poor, but I knew we could use the money so I excitingly brought the package over to my mother. I thought she'd be so proud of me for finding them - now she could pay for whatever she needs - she would have so many checks. When said she wasn't buying it I thought she was such a fool.

Reminds me when we were young and I wanted something my parents said we couldn’t afford we’d remind them they can always just swipe the credit card. I remember the first time I saw them pay their credit card bill and I was like, “Oh, so it isn’t free money.”

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:23 pm
My Morah taught us that the brothers (shevatim) threw Yosef into a pit. I never understood how that was possible. Must have been a miracle

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:25 pm
I think the notion that a rabbi would need to ask permission to use the panties is strange. Why in her right mind would any woman care, since it is anonymous of course?
I would be happy for men to study the laws of nidda - it is Hashem's Torah- and be able to use real life examples from real women including myself, anonymously. That is how to gain competence in any skill.

There is another explanation that is very likely, to explain the rabbi keeping the panties. I know this as a fact because rabbanim have asked me - do you want the garment back? and they saved it for the next time my husband comes. The envelope has a phone number on it to identify it by. Not weird at all. It is called respect for someone else's property. Plenty of women would say

"Eeeew throw it out of course"

and plenty would say "I'd like it back the next time I come"

point is, it doesn't belong to the rabbi, it is up to each woman to decide about her property.

simba

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:37 pm
I found it odd that my parents were ever young children .. somehow couldn’t imagine them as kids, now my kids are weirded out that Zeidy is my Tatty and I was a little girl.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:43 pm
In the old days, when I was 7, hardly anyone went to seminary. One day a class of
"student-teachers" as my morah called them, were sitting in the back of our class.
One "student-teacher" was giving her model lesson.
She began, "Who knows what seminary is?"
I was so PROUD that I was the only girl who knew. When call upon I said loudly:
"IT'S A PLACE WHERE YOU BURY PEOPLE!"

I didn't understand why all the grown ups plotzed laughing...
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics