Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Found odd as a child but now....
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:46 pm
pause wrote:
I won't tell you how old I was when I discovered that STOP - ALL WAY doesn't mean to stop all the way, even though I didn't know how one could stop but not all the way. TMI

I used to wonder how the traffic lights knew when the cars were slowing down, stopping or driving and it was time to change colors

Woman of Valor

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:51 pm
a bit off topic but I initially thought this post would be about a kid diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder who grew up

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:52 pm
WindowMagic wrote:
a bit off topic but I initially thought this post would be about a kid diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder who grew up

And I thought it would be from an Ima who was saying that she was really socially off as a child. Sad I wasn't sure what the "but" part would be, though.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 8:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
In the old days, when I was 7, hardly anyone went to seminary. One day a class of
"student-teachers" as my morah called them, were sitting in the back of our class.
One "student-teacher" was giving her model lesson.
She began, "Who knows what seminary is?"
I was so PROUD that I was the only girl who knew. When call upon I said loudly:
"IT'S A PLACE WHERE YOU BURY PEOPLE!"

I didn't understand why all the grown ups plotzed laughing...

LOL I once proudly told my teacher that my big cousin went to cemetery. I guess you're not the only one LOL

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:07 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I used to wonder how the traffic lights knew when the cars were slowing down, stopping or driving and it was time to change colors

I thought my mom was magic. Bc she would snap her fingers three times and the light would change.

Later I realized, she could see when the other side got yellow.

Also... Once when my mom was k-turning she used our neighbors driveway, I asked why she was using the driveway. She said she was friends with the ppl ... I then thought she had friends all over when she used random driveways.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:36 pm
Great thread, Carmen Luna!
As a child, I couldn't understand why the 9 on a rotary phone was farthest from where you had to actually dial it to. I mean, it's 911 and you're in a rush! Anyone remember those phones?

When I grew up I realized... Yup, still a stupid idea..

But now we have cooool phones. We can talk to it and the police will come. We can talk ON it and the police may be listening.. So.. Pro's and Con's..

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:36 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I think the notion that a rabbi would need to ask permission to use the panties is strange. Why in her right mind would any woman care, since it is anonymous of course?

Really? You don't see any reason why a woman wouldn't want more men studying her used panties?

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:00 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Great thread, Carmen Luna!
As a child, I couldn't understand why the 9 on a rotary phone was farthest from where you had to actually dial it to. I mean, it's 911 and you're in a rush! Anyone remember those phones?

When I grew up I realized... Yup, still a stupid idea..

But now we have cooool phones. We can talk to it and the police will come. We can talk ON it and the police may be listening.. So.. Pro's and Con's..

I recently read somewhere, that you might be able to soon text the police. Which, would come on handy in you don't want to be overhead or can't otherwise talk.

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:08 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Really? You don't see any reason why a woman wouldn't want more men studying her used panties?

No

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:13 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

Do they have your name on them?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:18 pm
I love how some posters here are doubting the rav and casting aspersions on him. Unless he's really zany I'm sure he would LOVE to have that bag out of his house. Would YOU want a bag of bloody underwear lying around in your house? I don't even want an extra pacifier in my house and run after the poor mom who mistakenly leaves her paraphernalia behind after a visit.
Please! No one is forcing you to take it to the rav. By and large, rabbanim are doing us a favor when they allow drop offs.

pause

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:19 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Oh my gosh! This reminds me... Remember those days when we used to actually sew on labels on every article of clothing before leaving to camp, every sock, every towel, every shirt and skirt? Well, one thing I learned from my friend was never to sew labels into your panties. If you ever lose/drop a panty, that's NOT something you want the next person bending down to check its label and return to owner... Nor have it announced on the mike in the lunchroom at the hashavas aveida cleanup at the end of the summer...

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:20 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Of course! How else is the Rav supposed to know whose they are?

LOL LOL

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:21 pm
pause wrote:
Oh my gosh! This reminds me... Remember those days when we used to actually sew on labels on every article of clothing before leaving to camp, every sock, every towel, every shirt and skirt? Well, one thing I learned from my friend was never to sew labels into your panties. If you ever lose/drop a panty, that's NOT something you want the next person bending down to check its label and return to owner... Nor have it announced on the mike in the lunchroom at the hashavas aveida cleanup at the end of the summer...

Boy am I chuckling!

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:21 pm
pause wrote:

Uh... used to? What do people do now to label their stuff - the iron-ons? Something else?

(I did label my underwear, but I just wrote my name on the tag. embarrassed )

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:30 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

They don't have to for it to bother me. Something I tolerate out of necessity doesn't have to be taken any further than needed.

rachelmom1

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 10:52 pm
DHs good friend trained as a Rabbi. Part of the nidda test was going though a stack of bedika clothes and giving a psak. Don't think they passed around underwear though.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:17 pm
As a child I always asked to go to the restroom when we were in a place that had a restroom. I didn't have to pee...... I would go in and sit on the couch (like restrooms in malls--- sitting area) ---- my mom would want to know why I wasn't going to the toilet. It's a REST room--- it's for RESTING! I totally didn't get that was a nice way of saying bathroom/toilet. I just wanted to rest!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:23 pm
rachelmom1 wrote:
DHs good friend trained as a Rabbi. Part of the nidda test was going though a stack of bedika clothes and giving a psak. Don't think they passed around underwear though.

Doesn't everything dry the same color?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:30 pm
There was a song about Moshiach being on his way, playing on the radio. I heard it and I got so excited that Moshiach would be here any second! I couldn't believe that everybody around me was just going about their day and not getting excited that Moshiach was on his way. I asked my sister, "is it true is Moshiach on his way?" she just nodded and walked further. I'll never forget how confusing it was to me that nobody else thought it was amazing and exciting news that Moshiach was on his way.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics