Home

ISO Flounder with vegetables recipe

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Motherhood

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:03 pm
Looking for a recipe for flounder or tilapia fillets with vegetables in one pot/pan. Any ideas? TIA

MiriFr

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 6:23 pm
Put cut up peppers, onions, and tilapia on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt+pepper, garlic, italian seasoning, and lemon juice. Top with lemon slices.

ETA- bake on 400 for like 15ish min

crystal

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:02 pm
I have one with potatoes and a letcho vegetable sauce over it. LMK if you want it.

soulful music

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 6:21 pm
crystal wrote:
I have one with potatoes and a letcho vegetable sauce over it. LMK if you want it.

Yes please.

sarahmalka

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 7:49 pm
Is it too late? I would: oil bottom of a baking dish like a Corning ware. Slice potatoes into thin rounds. Salt and pepper them. Lay fish on top of potatoes. Optionally add thinly sliced onions on top, and/or optionally add sliced rounds of tomato on top. Drizzle with a little more oil and/or dry white wine. Sprinkle salt and pepper and dill (or whatever herb you like). Partially cover and bake at 350 for, I dunno, maybe 15-25 minutes (til potatoes are done). Serve with lemon slices or drizzle with lemon juice from a bottle before serving.
This is partially based off a recipe called "Fish, Plaki style" I read in a Sephardic cookbook.

MiriFr

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 8:08 pm
sarahmalka wrote:
Is it too late? I would: oil bottom of a baking dish like a Corning ware. Slice potatoes into thin rounds. Salt and pepper them. Lay fish on top of potatoes. Optionally add thinly sliced onions on top, and/or optionally add sliced rounds of tomato on top. Drizzle with a little more oil and/or dry white wine. Sprinkle salt and pepper and dill (or whatever herb you like). Partially cover and bake at 350 for, I dunno, maybe 15-25 minutes (til potatoes are done). Serve with lemon slices or drizzle with lemon juice from a bottle before serving.
This is partially based off a recipe called "Fish, Plaki style" I read in a Sephardic cookbook.

Is this freeze-able?

crystal

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 8:14 pm
soulful music wrote:
Yes please.

Prepare a letcho with peppers, tomatoes, squash, (or whatever veggies you prefer) spices and a little sugar.

Coat fish with flour and salt. Sprinkle potatoes with salt.

Layer in a baking pan potatoes, fish, potatoes again, pour sauce over. Bake covered 350 for 1.5 hours.

Enjoy!

nycgal

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 8:23 pm
Sauté onion in pan until translucent. Add diced tomato and green pepper, salt &pepper. Sauté for 15 minutes. Roll flounder with vegetables and add to pot. Cook for 20 minutes.

This is one of the only recipes I make that came from a magazine, I think it was the binah years ago.

sarahmalka

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 11:25 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Is this freeze-able?

I don't freeze potatoes, the texture is never right to me after freezing. Maybe if you made the fish on artichoke hearts or cauliflower or another veg.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h