Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Unsupervised driving in less then 3 months

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:09 am
There are anyway to get licence in less then 3 months, or at least be able to drive without supervision (maybe without any passengers) I need to be able to go shopping,, and take care of a lot of stuff and dont have the luxury of waiting so long.
My driver is out of commission for a, while, can I get an exemption for the 3 months?
I'm over 35 if that helps

Sebastian

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:11 am
no I don't believe you can. I'm sorry OP.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:18 am
I don't understand your OP. Are you asking if you can drive without a license? OP, I'm sure you understand that many lives depend upon the safety of drivers on the road. Hurrying up the process benefits no one.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:31 am
If you're asking about getting a license, the rules about hours of practice under supervision only apply to teens. You still need to take a five our class (which is done in one session), but you can get a license as soon as you learn enough to pass the test, and you can take the test as soon as you can schedule it.

If you're talking about driving without a license, that is absolutely unacceptable. There's a reason you need a license to operate a vehicle, driving is deadly if you do it wrong.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 10:54 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
If you're asking about getting a license, the rules about hours of practice under supervision only apply to teens. You still need to take a five our class (which is done in one session), but you can get a license as soon as you learn enough to pass the test, and you can take the test as soon as you can schedule it.

If you're talking about driving without a license, that is absolutely unacceptable. There's a reason you need a license to operate a vehicle, driving is deadly if you do it wrong.

Of course I'm talking after taking driving classes and passing the test.
My question was in NJ the rule is minimum 3 months, from permit. If I take classes every day and practice enough, is there someway I can take the test earlier?

watergirl

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 11:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of course I'm talking after taking driving classes and passing the test.
My question was in NJ the rule is minimum 3 months, from permit. If I take classes every day and practice enough, is there someway I can take the test earlier?

All of this information is available online and much more reliable than asking people here. Why not just google? Here is the information for New Jersey for a first drivers licence for age 21+. Looks like its a probation period with 6 months of supervised driving before you can get the actual license.

You must be accompanied in the front seat by an adult supervising driver who is at least 21 years of age, and who possesses a valid New Jersey driver’s license, and has a minimum of three years driving experience.
Parent(s), guardian(s) or dependent(s) are allowed as passengers. A dependent can be the driver's child, not brother or sister.
Only one additional passenger is allowed unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
You cannot use cell phones, handheld video games or any other interactive, wireless device, whether it is “hands-free” or not.
Seat belts must be worn at all times.

https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/li.....e.htm

I would read the information on this website. This is the official government website and there is quite a bit more that I did not copy and paste.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 11:21 am
OP, whatever you do, make sure it's 100% legal and safe. B'hatzlocha!

rivkam

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 11:28 am
Just to commiserate with you OP, I know how frustrating it is when you desperately need a license but don't have it. Good luck!

real israeli

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 12:22 pm
Just a suggestion: I got my license in NY for this reason. It was easier to travel to NY for the rest than to be stuck with a 6 month waiting period

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:00 pm
real israeli wrote:
Just a suggestion: I got my license in NY for this reason. It was easier to travel to NY for the rest than to be stuck with a 6 month waiting period

I know in NY is, eaier, but if you're a resident in NJ, can you do test in NY?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:02 pm
rivkam wrote:
Just to commiserate with you OP, I know how frustrating it is when you desperately need a license but don't have it. Good luck!

Thank you, I'm basically locked home. I don't even have who to use for supervision

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:04 pm
real israeli wrote:

You must be a NY resident in order to have a NY drivers' license. If you're not a NY resident, its illegal to hold a NY drivers' license.

real israeli

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:08 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
You must be a NY resident in order to have a NY drivers' license. If you're not a NY resident, its illegal to hold a NY drivers' license.

After I received my license I switched it to NJ.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:14 pm
real israeli wrote:
After I received my license I switched it to NJ.

After fraudulently representing that you were a NY resident in order to obtain the license. And in order to avoid complying with NJ law.

I'm going to identify as a Christian tonight, so I can eat lobster. Then tomorrow, I'm going to switch back to being Jewish.

real israeli

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:28 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
After fraudulently representing that you were a NY resident in order to obtain the license. And in order to avoid complying with NJ law.

I'm going to identify as a Christian tonight, so I can eat lobster. Then tomorrow, I'm going to switch back to being Jewish.

No actually. If it makes a difference I was moving back from israel at the time. I was planning on living in NJ but did not have a residence there yet. I used my parents address as a place of residence as that as where we did go upon arrival. I could have waited the two weeks to take the test in NJ but it was most certainly my residence at the time of taking the permit. No fraud involved

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 1:38 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Wow, that's harsh and uncalled for.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 5:35 pm
real israeli wrote:
No actually. If it makes a difference I was moving back from israel at the time. I was planning on living in NJ but did not have a residence there yet. I used my parents address as a place of residence as that as where we did go upon arrival. I could have waited the two weeks to take the test in NJ but it was most certainly my residence at the time of taking the permit. No fraud involved

Of course it makes a difference. Your residence was in ny.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries