Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Ear piercing for newborn?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 11:40 pm
Anyone can suggest where/who does ear piercing for a newborn? In Brooklyn.. TIA

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 11:57 pm
Rivky Ehrman is the best. She works out of Golden Treasures on Sundays. Find out if she's there in the summer.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 7:50 am
The sweetest and nice lady sooo careful leah Unger she lives 14/44st. Don't have # she also does house calls

Care to share

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 11:09 am
Thank you! Anyone else have her number?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:32 pm
You can schedule an appt with Rivky at her home in Flatbush. We did that with our first. And the next time we met her at the store.
(718) 645-3120

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:41 pm
Before anyone jumps on the OP about piercing a baby's ears, I just want to tell you a little story.

When I turned 12, my parents let me get my ears pierced. As soon as the first earring went in, I yelled "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS WHEN I WAS A BABY!!!!!" I was SO mad that I had to go through that pain when I was older. Wink

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:42 pm
Off topic, but did anyone else have the experience of the earrings falling out?

I pierced my daughter's ears when she was 6 months old, and the earrings fell out twice within the next 3 months. They got lost both times. The second time, I just let the hole close and didn't bother re-piercing because I felt like it was impossible to keep the earrings in!

Does this mean that the person who did the piercing did a bad job?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:45 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

I pierced my daughter's ears when she was 6 months old, and the earrings fell out twice within the next 3 months. They got lost both times. The second time, I just let the hole close and didn't bother re-piercing because I felt like it was impossible to keep the earrings in!

Ask for "sleeper hoops". They are tiny hoops that don't get caught on things, and they are really easy to keep clean.

Another option is a "capture bead hoop." They don't go anywhere!

groovy1224

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:47 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

No it means the earrings were poor quality.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 12:47 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Before anyone jumps on the OP about piercing a baby's ears, I just want to tell you a little story.

When I turned 12, my parents let me get my ears pierced. As soon as the first earring went in, I yelled "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS WHEN I WAS A BABY!!!!!" I was SO mad that I had to go through that pain when I was older. Wink

Piercing ears on a newborn also means that the parents are fully responsible for caring for the piercings afterward, not a (most likely) preteen sometime in the future, and makes the piercing less likely to close on its own. Parents should just make sure that they go to a professional who pierces the right spot according to how the ears grow.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:02 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I also didn't get my ears pierced until I was 12. I was terrified to do it. My mother basically dragged me when she took my younger sisters (ages 4 and 2- after they cut each other's hair and needed boy-length haircuts).

It actually hurt a lot less than I had anticipated.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 1:04 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

And as soon as I got my ears pierced I thought "why was I afraid of this my whole life and got the second holes done immediately!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2019, 3:37 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can schedule an appt with Rivky at her home in Flatbush. We did that with our first. And the next time we met her at the store.
(718) 645-3120

Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics