Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Best place to go swimming FLATBUSH (not BP)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 1:26 pm
What is the best/cheapest place to go swimming weekly in Flatbush?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 4:58 pm
Bump

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:55 pm
Kingsway jewish center on kings hwy and nostrand ave

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:58 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Kingsway jewish center on kings hwy and nostrand ave

How much is a monthly membership?

Do I need to pay for shul membership in order to use the pool?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 6:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much is a monthly membership?

Do I need to pay for shul membership in order to use the pool?

I think at one point you did need to have a shul membership, but then they started letting people pay each time...its been a while...so not sure where they are holding now...best to give them a call...sorry I dont have their number...perhaps you can look it up??

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 6:07 pm
As far as I know you have to pay $600 for shul membership which includes pool usage. They do not allow pay as you go like a previous person said.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 6:14 pm
octopus wrote:
As far as I know you have to pay $600 for shul membership which includes pool usage. They do not allow pay as you go like a previous person said.

Do you have a recommendation of a place that's a little bit cheaper?

Someone mentioned Dolphin, but it looks like it's a swimming school for kids and not separate...?

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 6:26 pm
I don't have recommendation. I'm sorry! I think this is what is really missing in flatbush. You have bya but I heard pool really small, and I'm not aware of it available other than Sunday program, but I could be wrong. There used to be shulamith building but that is non existent. Someone has to open a state of the art pool here. They would get a lot of business.

cholenteater

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 7:56 pm
There was an article about the Swimply app in Mishpacha magazine this past week- perhaps try it out
You enter your location and how far willing to travel, and then can find a pool nearby to rent for an hr. Perhaps it would be in a similar price range as membership? Some pools near me are priced at $40.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 7:59 pm
cholenteater wrote:
There was an article about the Swimply app in Mishpacha magazine this past week- perhaps try it out
You enter your location and how far willing to travel, and then can find a pool nearby to rent for an hr. Perhaps it would be in a similar price range as membership? Some pools near me are priced at $40.

Thanks for the idea. $40 per month was what I was looking to pay.

I wouldn't rent a pool because a) issues of tznius b) no lifeguard c) the hassle of every single week.

strawberry cola

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:05 pm
There is the Sefardic Center on Avenue S but it is expensive. I heard they give a significant discount for seniors, though The JCH is on Bar Parkway, very close to Flatbush, and they have a sliding sclae based on income for membership.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the idea. $40 per month was what I was looking to pay.

I wouldn't rent a pool because a) issues of tznius b) no lifeguard c) the hassle of every single week.

You can check if the pool at the East Midwood Jewish Center is open and active but you may need a membership to swim there-- http://www.emjc.org/community/.....ming/

The pool at Brooklyn College or even Kingsborough College may be open to the general public.

Outside of Flatbush you have the Shorefront Y in Brighton Beach, they have a pool. The Boro Park Y is not far either. Then there are public pools that may still have womens hours, you would need to check each site though-- https://gothamist.com/2016/07/.....e.php
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries