Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Flattering dressy clothing styles for tall solid 10 year old

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 3:43 pm
any suggestions what can look nice for shabbos for my daughter. She is 10, very tall for her age and solid. she is not developed. I'm having a hard time finding something stylish that looks nice on her. swing dresses and baby doll ruffles make her look silly as if shes an overgrown little kid (which she sort of is Smile ).
(for shopping suggestions - I'm in Israel)

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 4:12 pm
What about a shift style dress, straight without a waist. It can be an age appropriate style at many ages depending on the dress

Rappel

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 4:23 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
What about a shift style dress, straight without a waist. It can be an age appropriate style at many ages depending on the dress

If you're saying what I'm thinking, then that only looks good where it can hang loose - it will only emphasize a solid body without any curves.

On the other hand, criss-cross decorations, or zigzag patterns, can help visually create curves where there are none.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 4:32 pm
would love if you could post pictures. by the way, comfort is a high priority as well, and hopefully won't have to be a compromise in style

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 4:46 pm
I'll be following. my daughter is 9, and is starting to develop, otherwise would say the same. I also want it to cover her knees easily and can be moved in easily. I find shift dresses often don't.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 2:51 am
bump - any ideas of styles and where to look in Israel?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 4:03 am
Mekimi Teens. Loads of dresses. I'll be you'll find one flattering.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 2:31 pm
I personally love a bell shaped dress in a stable knit. It was very in a couple of years ago...my daughter was slightly chunky but she felt really good in this dress and everyone commented to her how she got very thin. (I know, not so healthy but that's how it was)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics