Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva of Newark - anyone familiar with this?

pen1276

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 5:49 pm
Hi, I’m looking into the Yeshiva of Newark for my 19 year old son. It has a computer program that is connected with IDT. Here’s the website. http://yeshivaofnewark.org/yon2017/
Is anyone familiar with this place or have a connection who is? Thanks so much.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:51 pm
I know someone who finished his first year in the cyber security program. He is very happy there. What information would you like to know?
You can probably call them and ask for references of people who are there now or finished the program in the last couple years

pen1276

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:55 pm
If I am correct, it’s only been around a few years, right?
I’m wondering about the following things right now:
Is the learning intense? My son is not a strong learner.
Housing - is there a dorm or do boys have to board by someone or commute each day? Thanks so much.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:56 pm
pen1276 wrote:
Hi, I’m looking into the Yeshiva of Newark for my 19 year old son. It has a computer program that is connected with IDT. Here’s the website. http://yeshivaofnewark.org/yon2017/
Is anyone familiar with this place or have a connection who is? Thanks so much.

My son is currently enrolled. What would you like to know?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:57 pm
pen1276 wrote:
If I am correct, it’s only been around a few years, right?
I’m wondering about the following things right now:
Is the learning intense? My son is not a strong learner.
Housing - is there a dorm or do boys have to board by someone or commute each day? Thanks so much.

The learning is not intense at all. Last year they opened a dorm mid semester, I don't know the status of it for this year.

pen1276

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 10:09 pm
This sounds good. My son will be talking to Rabbi Skaist over the next couple of days. What is the tuition? When does the program start? Where do the boys come from. Thank you - this is so helpful and I really appreciate it. 😊

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 10:12 pm
pen1276 wrote:
This sounds good. My son will be talking to Rabbi Skaist over the next couple of days. What is the tuition? When does the program start? Where do the boys come from. Thank you - this is so helpful and I really appreciate it. 😊

There are two aspects to the tuition - the yeshiva and the college program. There is government aid available for the college portion, if you are eligible for it. And R' Skaist will work with you for the yeshiva's tuition. The program starts up now again in Elul, but I haven't gotten all the paperwork in the mail yet so I don't have the exact dates yet. The boys come from all over - a real mix of all types.

pen1276

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 6:03 am
Also - can you share what their weekly or daily schedule is like? What do they do for Shabbos? We don’t live so close to Newark. We’re in the Five Towns. So dorming would be extremely helpful. I’m wondering what they do for Shabbos. Do they come home each week?

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:07 am
Hi, I know this thread is really old. Anyone have any updated information about the yeshiva? What age boys? What kind of boys?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics