Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Are you pleased with your condenser dryer?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 1:01 pm
I keep reading bad reviews and also have heard first hand that they steam up the room.

Logistically, a vented dryer just won't work for us. So please share, would you recommend a condenser?

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 1:05 pm
Happy with mine Smile
I didn't have a choice, and so far so good
I got used to emptying the water drawer pretty fast, after every load.

etky

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 1:54 pm
Love mine.
Yes, the room gets warm. In the winter that's not a problem at all and in the summer we just leave the door open so that the room is ventillated.
It never gets so hot that I'd call it 'steamy'.
Takes 10 seconds to empty the water between loads.
Make sure to get a model that has the water drawer on top so that you don't have to bend down to insert/take it out.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 2:30 pm
I have a Bosch ventless dryer with matching washer which is installed in my master bedroom. It is extremely quiet and not particularly warm although you need to keep the door open when in use which is true for all washer dryers installed in closets.

I was drying some stuff and sitting in a chair next to the dryer when it was on and I was completely undisturbed by either noise or heat.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 3:28 pm
The one I'm looking at has the option of a drainage pipe for the water if I can manage to connect it, otherwise it has a top drawer IIRC.

It won't be in a cabinet, but will the room get so steamed as to actually result in condensation? The last thing I'd want is to encourage a damp/mold issue.

etky

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 3:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The one I'm looking at has the option of a drainage pipe for the water if I can manage to connect it, otherwise it has a top drawer IIRC.

It won't be in a cabinet, but will the room get so steamed as to actually result in condensation? The last thing I'd want is to encourage a damp/mold issue.

Ours also has the direct drainage option but hooking it up would have been to complex given our particular set up. Happily, emptying the drawer is really not a hassle. We have a sink just across from the machine.
We have no condensation from our dryer at all.
However- I think it also has to do with the climate.
We live in the Jerusalem area where humidity is relatively low.
It might be more of an issue in a more humid area.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 4:55 pm
My washer dryer is a set and the drain connects to the matching washing machine so there is nothing to empty as any water generated goes into the same drainage system as the washing machine which is attached to one of my bathroom drains.

Mine is a stacking system and I opted for a pull out shelf accessory which is very convenient.

There is no condensation, steam or heat when I use my machine. I highly recommend it.

If you are having it installed, do get a water alarm system and a pan. The water alarm shuts off the water automatically if it senses any leaks which saves you from any kind of catastrophic flooding. There are also heavier duty lines which are less prone to leaks or breakage. My Bosch machine has double lined drainage pipes.

I did NOT want to deal with the consequences of any floods. I also have water alarms for my dishwasher and the water line for the ice maker in my refrigerator.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics