Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Robin Phipps Woodall (Weight Loss Apocolypse)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 6:49 pm
I was wondering if anyone ever was counseled by her, or self-healed by listening to her many videos and reading her book, or perhaps was counseled by someone of like-mind. Could you share your experience a bit?

I am at rock bottom after 30+ years of dieting and body shame. I have realized there is no diet that is going to help me. I need something radically different. Surgery is not an option. I have started listening to her recorded sessions on youtube and it looks like it could be promising. She's expensive though so was wondering if by chance anyone had experience...?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 6:56 pm
I haven’t heard of her, but have you ever joined OA?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 7:14 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I haven’t heard of her, but have you ever joined OA?

No, but someone did take me to a meeting many years ago (20?) and I heard about how you need to have an eating plan and need to call someone for permission if you plan to deviate from said eating plan. Once I heard that, I was mentally checked out.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 7:15 pm
I have worked with her, she's incredible!
I've listened to over 100 of her youtube videos and I'm part of her patreon group.
She's helped me get over my fear of food after 30+ years of restricting.
The videos have helped me more than working with her did, so maybe join the group for 5$ a month and just listen to them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:13 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I have worked with her, she's incredible!
I've listened to over 100 of her youtube videos and I'm part of her patreon group.
She's helped me get over my fear of food after 30+ years of restricting.
The videos have helped me more than working with her did, so maybe join the group for 5$ a month and just listen to them.

I joined and I'm finding the videos really enlightening. I'm listening and everything makes sense and is clicking.... but actually being able to let go of dieting and weight obsession is another story. How long does it take to really be mentally free? Days? Weeks? Months?

Anyone else able to share their experience if they have used Robin or her method?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 1:10 pm
Following
I’m in the same boat unfortunately Sad

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 2:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I joined and I'm finding the videos really enlightening. I'm listening and everything makes sense and is clicking.... but actually being able to let go of dieting and weight obsession is another story. How long does it take to really be mentally free? Days? Weeks? Months?

Anyone else able to share their experience if they have used Robin or her method?

It took me months to get over the victim mentality(I didnt even know I had it).
But as I said over 30 yrs is a long time to restrict.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise