Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Rhodes dough recipes

wifeandmore

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 12:21 pm
Anything exciting I can make with them other than challah?

corolla

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 12:27 pm
wifeandmore wrote:
Anything exciting I can make with them other than challah?

Cinnamon rolls, garlic knots, babka, meat-stuffed hand pies, calzones, pizza, rugelach, etc.

watergirl

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 12:30 pm
Thaw the rolls on a cookie sheet and let rise for 2 hours, covered with saran wrap. Then make money bread or monkey pizza!

Pizza - Roll each roll in pizza sauce, put into a round pan, sprinkle shredded cheese all over the top and make sure it gets into the sides, between each roll. Bake and enjoy!

Monkey bread - Roll each roll in melted butter/margarine/oil or spray with pam. Then roll in cinnamon sugar and/or cinn/sugar/chocolate powder. Add cinnamon or chocolate chips. Layer in a pan so they are overlapping.

Or try this - thaw as noted above, stick 1/3 string cheese inside each one.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 8:19 pm
They make wonderful sufganiyot!

Leave rolls on parchment paper to defrost and rise somewhat.

Fill medium pot halfway with oil, drop in a raw popcorn kernel. When the kernel pops, the oil is ready.

Drop in the rolls, fry for a minute or two, until golden; use tongs to flip and fry other side for a minute. (some will refuse to flip, but persevere!)

Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, fill with smooth jelly (use immersion blender to smooth raspberry jelly).

Yum!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 9:38 am
This is what I do with the loaves: KBD Kids in the Kitchen cheese monkey bread. I cut each thawed, slightly risen loaf into twenty pieces, wrap each one around some mozarella cheese, roll in the seasoned butter (or margarine), put in pan. I use a 9" round pan for one loaf, 9x13 for 2, sprinkle with more cheese, drizzle the butter if desired, bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen