Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Tips for making life with kids easier
Previous  1  2  3  4

Crayon210

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 10:54 pm
I am on flylady.net and have found that I spend much less money at the grocery store and spend less time there, since I make weekly menus and shopping lists based on those menus. I only have to go shopping once a week (Thursday morning). I ONLY buy what's on the list with very very little exception. I also keep a list in my binder of things we always need around the house, and I check that every week to make sure we're stocked up. I keep a notepad on my fridge and mark down when we're out of an item that we constantly use. B"H it's been working well on my nerves, my pocketbook, and my peace of mind (knowing we have the foods we need for the week!)

Aish

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 8:44 am
milk munch, thats great. I wish there was a farmers market around here to go to. is it organic?

Aish

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 8:46 am
crayon210, I love your orginizational skills!

Milk Munch

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 1:17 pm
Unfortunatly this one is not organic.
I dont' know where you live but you'd be surprised what you can find. I found this one after living here over a year.

Tila

Post Sat, Sep 24 2005, 8:52 pm
I have not read what is listed but here goes my fave!! Its called the day and night routines FOR YOU! and FOR kids. It comes from flylady.net!! Have a lukse

deedee

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 12:25 am
Quote:
I also keep a list in my binder of things we always need around the house, and I check that every week to make sure we're stocked up.

wow that is the same way we ran the family resturant!

Aish

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 5:24 am
Tila wrote:
I have not read what is listed but here goes my fave!! Its called the day and night routines FOR YOU! and FOR kids. It comes from flylady.net!! Have a lukse

I went on. it looks like a great sight. I need more time to peruse though. thanks for that tip.

Tila

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 11:50 am
crayon and Aish, I am so happy to read that there are others out there!! Fly babies that is

RedVines

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 1:42 pm
Me too, I just went on yesturday and I am starting my "control Journel"

Crayon210

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 7:22 pm
We should start a thread for FLYbabies-I've wanted to talk with other frum FLYbabies, support, etc.

Aish

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 7:27 pm
wow, so many flybaby people here. can some of you share a bit about what you learned from there and and why you like it so much?

RedVines

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 7:37 pm
I actually checked it out a year ago and didnt find it helpful, for some reason I like it now, They have something called a control journal. I just printed it all out and (hopefully) this will make me organized. Espec. with all the yomim tovim getting menus and recipies all in one binder with also some tips on decluttering- a major problem of mine.

more later

Crayon210

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 9:34 pm
1. Routines
2. Very little time per activity
3. Fun layout
4. Very specific, but not overwhelming
5. Freedom to do what you want, when you want

Ask me about any of these or I'll write some more later!

Aish

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 10:21 pm
crayon210, whats it all about??

Crayon210

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 10:28 am
It's a method of organizing your life in a non-pressured way. It's a group of women who are normal but promote this way of keeping your whole life in order-neatness, scheduling, financially, etc. It gives structure to my day and helps me have a much lower stress level.

PM me for more, I don't want to bore anyone!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics