Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
She didnt realize it was a chillul hashem
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:11 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
May I please have a bracha that my daughter should find the right shidduch b'karov? Please...we are struggling and can use any assistance we can get. Ty!

May you see yeshuas hashem kheref aiyin!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 2:32 pm
Wow! So nice to see positivity here. Before I read the responses- I was thinking- I’ll ask for a Bracha! You did so much good on so many levels! Wow! Can you give me a Bracha to find a husband? Single mom here and it’s kinda getting hard...

Wishing you so much Bracha and parnassa in your life!

Cheiny

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 3:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im changing a lot of details of this story but im so uncomfortable from this story I cant stop cringing .

Im a seamstress and my husbands Rosh Yeshiva from back in the day is making a wedding and his wife needed a gown. She told me her budget is $200. She cares and has good taste and self respect but NO money. In the past DH told me to make something up for her free of charge and I did. He told me to do it again this time and not pass up an opportunity to do such a chessed. I know he is right but its a very short engagement at a busy time for me and I just dont have it in me but was planning to do all the alterations for free. I sent her to someone who "brokers" 2nd hand gowns. There is a broad price range by this lady. A lot of very reasonable gowns and some very expensive ones. She brought me back 2 to see. One was under $200 and one was $350. I told her that she cant even compare that the one for $350 is in much better condition, much more beautiful and flattering and in the right color sceme for her family. I asked her to ask the broker to call the women whos trying to sell it and ask if she is willing to go down in price. She went back and called me and said the broker said no so she left it there but shes hoping the broker will call her back that she changed her mind. I called the broker this morning to offer to pay the $150 difference for the rebitzen and she chewed my ear off for half an hour what a chillul hashem she made. Shes like im a talented woman, I give up space in my house that used to be an apt I made money on, I give up my time and I do this as a chessed! Shes like I make soo little money on each gown and im pulled from both sides, sellers want more buyers want to pay less. She said I can be in 10 other businesses but I do this to help people and this is how I get treated. She was so upset over it. It was awful. I didnt even know what to say to her! This rebitzen had no idea she had done anything wrong and whats worse is that I advised her to ask for a price reduction. So many bad feelings now . Arg! Anyway she got asking price bec I paid the difference and she called back the rebitzen and offered it to her for "$200"

She did NOT make a chillul Hashem, she merely explained her financial difficulty and asked for an accommodation in price. The woman you sent her to is the one who was completely out of line, heartless and cruel!! You shouldn’t recommend anyone to her!

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 3:36 pm
Hamevarech tisbarech, op you are so sweet! May all your brachos be m’kiyum!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 3:39 pm
If you’re still bentching- can you please give us a bracha my baby should be approved for a drug trial and it should be’H work with no lasting side effects... thank you

simba

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 3:45 pm
My goodness, this thread is so beautiful. I am crying so hard of the pain and beauty only us crazy women can intertwine!

OP, this Bracha is to you. May all the Brochos you gave on this thread be fulfilled very soon.

cbs880

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 3:52 pm
So Inspired, op. May H' make your brochos come true and may all the tefillos and bakashos be answered swiftly- kheref ayin.
It would be awesome if the receivers of the brochos would update us as they are fulfilled......

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:33 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Wow! So nice to see positivity here. Before I read the responses- I was thinking- I’ll ask for a Bracha! You did so much good on so many levels! Wow! Can you give me a Bracha to find a husband? Single mom here and it’s kinda getting hard...

Wishing you so much Bracha and parnassa in your life!

Im giving u a bracha that you should find your bashert too. He should come baggage free and he should embrace your children like they are his own!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:34 pm
Cheiny wrote:
She did NOT make a chillul Hashem, she merely explained her financial difficulty and asked for an accommodation in price. The woman you sent her to is the one who was completely out of line, heartless and cruel!! You shouldn’t recommend anyone to her!

I think that the broker felt that she should juat take something in her budget and not bargain her down. She knew the seller wouldnt want to drop her price and she made that clear so she almost felt like she was being asked to take a cut of her small profits!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im giving u a bracha that you should find your bashert too. He should come baggage free and he should embrace your children like they are his own!

Thank you so much! I didn’t have an easy day and the thoughtfulness and your bracha gave me a boost. Amen and thank you again!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I give you a bracha that you should not only give birth to a healthy baby this year, but that your pregnancy should be easy and you should feel well the whole time. You should make it full term and have a smooth labor and delivery and you should have tremendous nachas iyh from your offspring !

Wow! What a Bracha! Can I get one too? Please...

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:11 pm
OP I know you’ve been bombarded for requests for brachos, but do you have it in you to give one to me as well? Looking for my bashert the second time around. Please can you give me a Bracha to find him and build a true bay is neeman beyisrael full of Torah, simcha, and love? Thank you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:15 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Hamevarech tisbarech, op you are so sweet! May all your brachos be m’kiyum!

Yess amen Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:17 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
If you’re still bentching- can you please give us a bracha my baby should be approved for a drug trial and it should be’H work with no lasting side effects... thank you

May hashem bench your baby with health thru this new trail drug. May he/she go on to live a long healthy life and lead a life full mitzos and maasim tovim!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:18 pm
simba wrote:
My goodness, this thread is so beautiful. I am crying so hard of the pain and beauty only us crazy women can intertwine!

OP, this Bracha is to you. May all the Brochos you gave on this thread be fulfilled very soon.

Im really hoping. If anyone has a tehillim name and they feel comfortable to post pls do!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Wow! What a Bracha! Can I get one too? Please...

Yes amother periwinkle! Iyh you should have year full of bracha, good news! Iyh a healthy pregnancy, birth and only nachas from your offspring!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:27 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
OP I know you’ve been bombarded for requests for brachos, but do you have it in you to give one to me as well? Looking for my bashert the second time around. Please can you give me a Bracha to find him and build a true bay is neeman beyisrael full of Torah, simcha, and love? Thank you

May hashem answer your tfillos for your bashert very soon. May he fill your home with the sound of Torah. I give u a bracha that he will show you immense love and that you will build a home together filled with ahavas Hashem and all of klal yisroel Smile

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
May hashem bench your baby with health thru this new trail drug. May he/she go on to live a long healthy life and lead a life full mitzos and maasim tovim!

Amen! Tnx
May Hashem bentch you op!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:54 pm
Got it lilac

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
May hashem answer your tfillos for your bashert very soon. May he fill your home with the sound of Torah. I give u a bracha that he will show you immense love and that you will build a home together filled with ahavas Hashem and all of klal yisroel Smile

Amen thank you op. I am so touched.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics