Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Losing weight while nursing

miracleshappen

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 4:34 pm
Have 3 month old baby, exclusively breastfeeding. By my other kids, the weight just came off by itself and by this point I had already fit into most of my clothing. I am easily 10-15 lbs overweight now and have no clue how to diet without getting super hungry at some point in the day or decreasing my milk supply.
Any advice?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 5:29 pm
Yup. This time the weight doesn’t come off. I try to accept. But I worry that it still won’t come off post nursing either

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 5:40 pm
I’m not sure how many kids you have, but I found that after my first 3, the weight slipped right off by 6-8 weeks. After that each kid took a bit longer than the previous one. After this one a few months ago, I still feel heavy and not as skinny. It’s frustrating but I find the only way to get down (for me) is by eating lots of protein and healthy full meals. When I’m consistent with that then I find my body “relaxed” enough To let the weight go. But I also noticed that with exercise (not even intense crazy workouts), my body was also much quicker to thin down.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:28 pm
I walked a lot after having my first. It kept me busy so I wasn't eating as much and it kept me motivated to not eat so much- cuz the walking made me feel really good.

I just had my second a little over a week ago and the car-seat adapter for the stroller just arrived in the mail... plan is to get walking tomorrow!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 9:09 pm
I’ve had the same issue. With my first few the weight came off within 4 weeks. With now my fifth I have a good 10-15 pounds to loose. My baby is 9 months and it’s still not coming off! I just recently downloaded the app my fitness pal, and it’s been very helpful with really knowing what I’m eating- and budgeting calories . Definitely try it! I’m still nursing, by my baby is eating some solids, so I’m not sure how much you can restrict calories when the baby is still so young, but I think If you drink lots of water and if you eat nutrient rich foods (fruits, veggies , fish) your milk supply will be ok.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise