Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Who else just loves to be comfortable?!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 11:40 pm
I was always fully dressed pre- children days. I regularly wore belts and fitted clothing. Tights and shells never bothered me at all. Neither did make-up, the 20 pieces of hair extensions I wore etc.
I remember the 1st time I realized parenting while being all dressed up is just going to make me hate myself or my child. I think I was wearing a pencil dress, girdle and heels...
That was 5 years ago. I have become such a sucker for comfort that when I try clothing on I try and touch my toes and swing my arms around in full circles to see if im going to end up liking the outfit... tights and wigs are my worst enemy. I basically turned into the person I swore I was never going to be !!
Anyone relate?
On a more practical note, sometimes shabbos morning I dress my kids and then ill want to walk them to shul so ill go get myself dressed. I feel like it's such a nice thing to do to go greet my husband- however, its hard to stay cool and calm when im dressed in shabbos (flats only these days) with stockings and a wig. Helpppp. How did I become that women ? Laugh

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 11:41 pm
Meeeee!!!!!!!

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 11:48 pm
haha, me. I am super sensory. I own more pajamas than I own clothes. I own three shabbos robes per season. I ONLY wear shabbos clothes and a wig when I go to shul or am having guests over for a seuda. And the second thats over...back to robe and snood.

For the week I have "house clothes" meaning jersey flowy skirts and t shirts or sweatshrits, and then I have my outting clothes--which just means adding shoes and changing my skirt to one a bit more structured (though if I didn't have a tummy, I'd keep on the jersey skirt).

The second walk in the door I get into my house clothes, and when my kids get into pjs at around 6, so do I, lol.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 11:52 pm
Me too. I live in leggings and oversized tshirts at home. Out of the house it's not much better- just add a skirt and change the top.
I think a lot of it has to do with body image issues though.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:03 am
Me. Me. And me. Tights is my worst enemy. It has even become a family joke. I’m so envious of pple who are not bothered by it. I have to prepare myself mentally before putting it on.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:03 am
Sooo relate! Only now I have teen daughters that need and love to see me dressed, and little ones that wipe sticky, gooey stuff on me... it's tough and I look at pictures of that beautiful young woman I was, all dressed up, and can't believe how normal those clothes seemed! I absolutely love wearing slinky skirts and hoodies!!!

DVOM

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:12 am
MEEEEEE!

Though now that my youngest is 4 I'm starting to get some of my fashion mojo back.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:17 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Me. Me. And me. Tights is my worst enemy. It has even become a family joke. I’m so envious of pple who are not bothered by it. I have to prepare myself mentally before putting it on.

I switched to knee socks and tried to wear tights for a recent wedding. I came home crying...it's the worst.

If you want to look fancy but don't want the pain of heels try platforms. I have these really pretty tall shabbos platforms by a really comfortable company and people are always asking me how much pain I'm in and they are surprised to hear me say they are more comfortoable than me shabbos flats.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:19 am
Yes...op...I can relate...

I feel like I cant stay in my professional work clothes or nice shabbos clothes while carimg for my kids....I have home clothes that I change into when I get home.

Rappel

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:23 am
Hola Smile comfort before all.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:40 am
Meeeee My baby changed me 360

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:42 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Meeeee My baby changed me 360

Then you’d be the same as before.

essie14

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 1:11 am
Totally!!! My DD is only 2 so everything has to be machine washable and comfortable. Barely wear make up these days because she wants everything in my hand.

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 1:37 am
I feel like I still dress like a seminary girl - long black skirt, easy t-shirt type top, slouch socks.

I can't wear tights unless I have to. I started buying shabbos outfits that let me wear trouser socks (up to my knees).... No more high heels for walking, only weddings.

I hate how I look but I loooooove how I feel, so comfort>>style.

Oh, well.

Tzivia18

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 1:42 am
[quote="amother [ Blush ]" If you want to look fancy but don't want the pain of heels try platforms. I have these really pretty tall shabbos platforms by a really comfortable company and people are always asking me how much pain I'm in and they are surprised to hear me say they are more comfortoable than me shabbos flats. [/quote]

Which company? Under $100? Can't stand wearing heels ever since my first pregnancy, but still like the look!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 2:08 am
I dress up when I feel like it and dress comfortably when I feel like it. Sometimes it's fun to wear nice clothes and makeup and jewelry; other times, comfort and convenience are bigger priorities.

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 2:16 am
Me!!!!!!! I need to be comfortable. Otherwise I get grumpy. I guess its a sensory thing.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 4:36 am
I used to be able to wear all the trendy fashions. High heels and all. Then the fibromyalgia hit, and my scoliosis caught up with me. These days I am super sensory.

Knee high socks or nylons, long skirts with soft waistbands, and I try not to wear a bra as much as possible. When I come home from an event, it's a race to see what comes off first, the sheitel or the bra.

I still think I look nice, it's just not fancy or over the top like it was when I was younger. I'm 54, so I think I dress well for my age, but not shlumpy or matronly.

Shiny accessories are a girl's best friend. Very Happy

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 7:52 am
Thank you! Yes. Also, with young kids or even older ones, if you're running around or in the kitchen, it's just not practical. I get dirty all the time, and need to be able to run, not shuffle in a straight non-stretchy skirt.

My new concession to trying to look put together is wearing earrings and a cheap necklace, because I don't currently have a baby to pull on them. I wear long stretchy cotton skirts and cotton tops in cuts I like that don't constrict or get in the way. And knee highs or sweat socks, and or leggings for warmth.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:05 am
Tzivia18 wrote:
Which company? Under $100? Can't stand wearing heels ever since my first pregnancy, but still like the look!

Israel here. I have some from WeShoes and Naot.
You need to catch them. But platforms are REALLY in style again now so run!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics