Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Has anyone been to Flam Winery/Shapira microbrewery in 2019?

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 7:05 am
The one comment about Flam was not too encouraging, but it was from a few years ago. Have you been there during the past year? Do you know anything specific about the hashgacha? (I've already Googled and written to them). I'm looking for an opinion that comes from your experiences.

Same question for microbreweries in or near Beit Shemesh. Shapira's or Buster's, for example?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:43 am
also interested - following

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:59 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
also interested - following

I received an email from Flam in reply to my query. They sent a picture of the kashrut certificates showing each specific wine. All wines are O K (K in the middle of a circle) and the cheese is Chatam Sefer Petach Tikva. (Jacobs cheese if that means anything to you). The price per person is 130 NIS.

I called the landline number first but was disconnected. I called the cell and left a message.
A lady called back and I was able to make reservations for the following day. Is 11 am too early to start drinking?
Dont know Cheers Wink

I like drinking red wine but I think it's a lot of money and I wouldn't do it if my DH didn't seem desperate to do SOMETHING during his break. (I didn't tell him that).

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 6:15 am
Ok, I hope I'm not just saying this because I'm delightfully toasted after having visited the Flam Winery in Tzova (Eshtaol). It was so nice! It cost a certain amount to taste three types of wine (she helps you choose based on your tastes) and a certain amount for the fresh crusty bread (yum!) and cheese platter. Based on the website, we were under the impression it cost 130 NIS per person, but after the tasting (including bread and cheese), we also bought a bottle of wine and the whole thing came to 265 which is only 5 NIS more than the 260 (130x2) we were expecting, plus she gave us a fourth wine to taste, gratis. We chose to sit outside on the shady veranda overlooking a vineyard and olive tree. We went into the vineyard afterward to taste some of the grapes (sweet as candy) but I have to admit, it was hard for me to walk by that time. My husband claims he didn't feel the affects but after having reached home, I am STILL "enjoying". The lady was so nice and helpful and it was lovely.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:01 am
No but people following this thread might enjoy this book:
https://www.goodreads.com/en/b.....esota
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics